Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Thursday, 6 March 2008
Been working on Saturday's project for a few days and have finally decided on this. This is only the cover as I'll have to photograph the inside - the stamping is quite simple as we have to make it all in two hours and the construction is quite complex as it's a flag tag book. I like the way this one has turned out, as the concertina part is much wider than the ones I've made in the past and it makes it far more stable, so it's more suited for adding photos, etc.
I've used Distress inks with the Colorbox Stylus tool, which was a nice change, as I haven't used that for ages. Sad really because it's a very useful tool and we all need our own custom stamps at times! I also used the Ink Applicator from Ranger, which I can't recommend highly enough - it makes such quick work of sponging colour and you can get the shades and blending really easily. I used Distress EP on the Memoirs stamp, which is something I rarely use and never really liked much, but I thought it would work better here. Haven't distressed it yet, though - will do that when I go downstairs, where I'm going to put together another book, ready for decorating tomorrow as another sample.
Made something else along the way, which I changed my mind about using, but I'll post a pic when it's scanned cos I love the way the colours have turned out.
Sunday, 2 March 2008
Labels: ATC swap