'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 4 July 2010

The theme at Weekend ATC Challenge is “alles was fliegt aber kein Vogel ist”, which means (loosely translated and no, I don’t speak German) ‘Anything which flies but isn’t a bird’.  Hels’ challenge for Sunday Stamper is ‘Rhinestones’, so this covers both – I hope.

anything but a bird

The background is glossy card, coloured with Brilliance reinkers and water, which is overstamped with Adirondack Stonewash and Twilight Purple, which rarely stamps crisply on glossy card, which is why it looks a little smudged – it isn’t – honestly, lol.  Dragonfly coloured with Tombow Pens, then glitter glazed and there are three tiny gems on there…

23 very kind comments from lovely people:

Paul B said...

Purple and Bling! Brilliant combo. Love how the dragonfly and elements are clustered in one corner, off the page, leaving plenty of space on the lhs. I lurve spaces!!! Pxx

Sarah A said...

This is so beautiful, your backgrounds always amaze me and make me wish I had the same stash as you LOL!

Sarah x

Helen said...

What a gorgeous dragonfly!!

joy said...

This is beautiful! Love it.

Lorraine said...

this is gorgeous i just love all of the different techniques you do your work always looks stunning and is always different which i love xx

Carola/Schokofee said...

Hi, your ATC is wonderful and your translation is perfect!!!
Next time - look at the left side. We have a translation module ;)

Thanks for joining WAC!!!!

Carola
*schoki*

Kali said...

wow, its very great :)
Many Greetings
Kali

Hels Sheridan said...

Beautiful ATC Cath, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Christine said...

Fabulous background, and a gorgeous ATC

Sid said...

Super ATC, very lovely colours and overall effect !

AlexaCzar said...

Oh, wow, this is so fantastic. I love the colors and the style. Honestly!
Greetings
alexa

JoZart Designs said...

A little gem... so much in there of value! Adore it!
Love Jo x

sam21ski said...

Another stunning work of art Cath . Love the colours and the fantastic image xxxx

cockney blonde said...

Love it Cath but do you need to lie down??? Cath and bling are not 2 words that go together in my vocab, lol, x

Mel said...

Amazing!! I so love it! The dragonfly and all the colour is fab! I so have to give this inky stuff a go hee!
Hugs Melly xxx

Chris Arlington said...

Gorgeous! I love Dragonflys live or stamps. Purple seems to be a popular color for me right now. I am a Libra so I'm quite unbalanced when it comes to colors (lol)

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous, love it.

Anke said...

So beautiful Cath.

Hugs
Anke

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi cath, it looks fabulous and you can see all the glitter and gems in the close up loving the pale bue harlequin with the purples ju x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful colours & stamping Cath!

Neet said...

Bet it hurt not to use birds. Lovely atc Cath.

Yvonne said...

GORGEOUS, Cath!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Such a lovely ATC Cath. The background is really great and I like the way the dragonfly is just off the edge.
Lesley x