Tuesday, 28 January 2014
Yesterday I had a yearning to play with acrylic paints, so I played with acrylic resist. it’s a long time since I totally lost track of time, but I did yesterday – ooh, it was fun!
I had some thank yous to send, so here are a couple of tags, pre adding ribbons.
I much prefer the above tag, with one pair of birds. The second one is a bit too busy!
And here’s a card. The background is a bit too strong on this one, so the foreground images don’t pop as they ought to – NOTE TO SELF – Remember next time!
More to come AND I’ve been journalling …. ;-)
Sunday, 19 January 2014
Hello! Just thought I’d post another two cards I managed to make, even though I haven’t yet managed to get back into my little ‘den’. I have, however, arranged for my shelves to be put up, which is a huge step in getting it all organised and workable for me! Trouble is, I have to wait until February and probably mid-Feb because it’s half term? I’m just grateful to have some kind of idea of when I can get back in there full time. Ooh, bliss!
Meantime, I’ve been resorting things and reorganising bits and using up some of my dry embossed backgrounds. I love these two images.
I brayered the embossed card with my trusty Fiskars’ brayer, using the hessian roller – I always love its effect. In fact, I think it’s the only one I actually kept of all the ones I had, unless I kept the stars, too. Must check.
Sorry I’ve still not managed to get around to too many blogs, though I have managed a few. I’ve had visitors all week and a friend rebuilding my wardrobe, so I haven’t had very much time to myself. I will do my best to get around this week, though I have a crafting class to prepare and teach for Wednesday and appointments both Mon and Tue.
Lovely to hear from those of you who’ve been in touch – thank you so much! I do really treasure my online friends.
See you soon!
Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Today I was inspired for the first time in ages and it felt really good to get inky and excited!
I decided to set a belated January challenge for KCUK because they wanted one and I needed a challenge myself – especially because I have loads of cards to send – including several belated ones - <red face> :-(
The challenge is pink and/or dry embossing and here are a few of the cards I managed to put together.
I know, this one’s well crooked, lol! I (mistakenly) believed the word ‘Paris’ was meant to be straight and stamped it accordingly – oops! Big mistake…
This one’s a bit of an experiment and needs to be refined but I like the idea. I actually got out the old stamp positioner in order to get that shadow effect!
This one’s for someone special, so I hope she doesn’t peep before it arrives. It’s a Magenta image – flutterbies far from perfect, but it was still good to play :-D
I embossed all images with white embossing powder, then sprayed inks and water, flicked water and overstamped the images in various shades of pink, then added high and low lights with Prismacolour pencils, a gold pencil and a Distress ink marker. All but the pop up butterfly were dry embossed after stamping and colouring.
Thank you for looking. Hope to catch up with you in the next couple of weeks as I bloghop for the first time in ages – yay!