'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 11 February 2018

All friends are precious, but the most precious friends are those who take the time to just sit with you and listen…even when you have no words or (as often in my case) we talk rubbish!!. The fact that they want to be with you matters more than any words or deeds. I’ve learned a lot this last two weeks about how it isn’t necessary to spout ‘words of wisdom’ when someone is hurting, but just to be alongside them, even when we feel inadequate and unable to help.  I hope I remember the lesson.

I did a bit of journalling this morning, then made a card for a friend.  I used the newest Distress Oxides – Shaded Lilac, Tattered Rose and Squeezed Lemonade, though I did add a touch of Worn Lipstick, too. It amazes me how three colours (ish) can produce such a rainbow of colour!

PRECIOUS GIFT

I’d like to enter this one into the

Stamping Sensations - Anything with Flowers challenge

I had a play around with the Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inkpads today, with mixed results…

BROWNS 

There’s a lot of gold on this one so I took a close up of the crackle effect. When I’d finished, I wasn’t too enamoured with the result, so I decided to try adding some stencilled gold circles over the top. I accidentally stamped onto the card itself, so I decided to do it some more and edge with the gold…

GOLD BITS

This is one I made a few weeks ago but didn’t like… more of a vintage effect, again using the gold.

BLUEBEIGE

Just a couple of pages in my A4 journal to finish off. This one uses the same distress oxides as the first – but they look so different.

CATERPILLAR

MASTER ARTIST

Thanks for looking.

See you soon!

Cath

xxx

5 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I agree with what you say about the Distress Oxides and they’ve made a perfect background for your lovely silhouette flowers, nice sentiment too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Yes! The Distress Oxides work a special kind of magic don't they? Love all of these but especially the last one! Hugs, Chrisx

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation and lovely muted background, it's perfect for this months theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Rika said...

stunning flower creations.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x