'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Our February Challenge is to use up scraps, so here are a couple of cards I made VERY quickly – about ten minutes for the two :)  They are far from perfect but were just made as samples and ideas for the people who weren’t quite sure what the Challenge meant.
This one’s only about 4” wide, to give you an idea of the size and uses a scrap of Glimmer Misted card left over from another project.

recycled 1
This one was stamped on a scrap of a background I made but wasn’t keen on, then layered onto pale pink card (left over from last card I made) then onto a scrap of music sheet and again onto a leftover alcohol ink background, which had already been torn for the previous project.  I then punched a flower from the music sheet scrap, inked it with pale pink ink, stamped it with the first words stamp I came across (still out from the last card) and attached with a tiny brad.  I stamped the words on the card with Memento ink – it really isn’t black enough for me, I’m afraid.
recycled 2

4 very kind comments from lovely people:

Larisa said...

They are both very stylish! I love the butterfly's theme a lot )

Martina said...

Cath, I find both of these pieces very beautifully and uniquely! I love your style:-)

lisa said...

Hi Cath. You make such lovely things and I can't believe how quickly you work!!!! The layers on your tigers are lovely and I love the chinese theme with the heart.

Lisax

Neet said...

Lovely cards - what a great idea about the Chinese New Year and Valentines Day. Now if only I could find a tiger!