'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 20 September 2017

I love leaves… REALLY, really love leaves and especially at this time of year!!!

So, I’ve been playing with some old (VERY old) stamps I found in my leafy collection and a bit of watercolour.

Firstly, I tried my old way of stamping them – they’re big stamps – inking them up with a few colours of Distress inks and placing the paper on top. I then pulled out the colours with a damp paintbrush – damp because anything more than that completely takes out the detail.

Here is the first one after stamping…

20170918_174258-1

With the second one, I thought I’d try overstamping… BAD idea! I didn’t manage to line it up correctly, though I suppose it looks watercoloury… is that a word???

20170920_134339-1_predetail

So, I went a bit rash and decided to mount the stamps…

I stamped the images exactly the same way, but then overstamped with Versafine ink and embossed.

20170920_135737-1_edited

20170920_134339-1-1_edited

I’m much happier with those results Winking smile

I’ve photographed them side by side, so you can see the difference.

20170920_125318-1_edited

20170920_134339-1_edited

I’ve found another two large stamps, so I’ll try them next…

I do have another couple of Oxide cards to share, but I’ll do that another day. I also made a Baby Congratulations card for my niece in New Zealand – well outside my comfort zone! I developed a new respect for you die cut users when I kept having to redo bits of this…

20170915_135315-1_edited

I’d like to enter the leafy cards into the following two challenges:

Allsorts Challenge is ‘Feels like Autumn’

and

Crafty Cardmakers is also Autumn.

Thanks for looking.

Cath

xxx

7 very kind comments from lovely people:

Kathleen said...

Two really beautiful cards, gorgeous colours and the mounted ones do look so much better, great sentiments too. Thank you for joining our 'Feels like Autumn' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Ellibelle said...

A really beautiful assortment of autumn themed cards, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!

brenda said...

Lovely Autumnal creations full of all the warm colours of the season and stunning leaf stamps, just perfect for our Allsorts this this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

hazel said...

Beautiful autumnal cards Cath, I love the stamp.
xxx Hazel.

Anke said...

Oh Cath your autumnal cards are so beautiful and I love the sentiments.

Hugs
Anke

Margaret Mifsud said...

I actually love them all but do admit the last two are especially gorgeous. I love the sentiments and that you shared the process. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. X

Kim x said...

Fabulous cards Cath. I love leaves and I own tons of leafy stamps. Thank you for sharing with us and for joining in with my 'Autumn' challenge at CCM.
Good luck and hugs Kimx