'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 10 August 2019

Acrylic paints, Paperartsy stamps and lots of doodling for this journal page I'm linking to Art Journal Journey, where the challenge been chosen by Gill is Anything with eyes...
I've had these Paperartsy stamps for ages and not used them...shame on me. I do love them, so decided it was time to give them an outing 😊 The fab square flowers are from one of the plates, as are the leaves. I'll definitely be using them more after this...they're fun to colour. I think they'd make a great Anniversary card, too. More Mixed Media's current challenge is ATG with the option of Bright colours, so I'm playing along with them, too.


...and this one is a card I started with Try it on Tuesday's Wish you were here challenge in mind, but decided to change my focus part way through. I've probably had this stamp for over 15 years - in fact, I have it in three different sizes and used to use it on the inside of the card and the envelope. It was called 'Melissa, looking out to sea...' so I stencilled and doodled the sea, added a hill and some grass along with the sun and clouds. I'm linking it to Allsorts' Sun, Moon and/or Stars,  or for a baby challenge because of the sunshine and to Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge, where the challenge is Sunshine, Sunflowers or add something yellow. 


Always Fun Challenges are asking for Stencils, so I'm happy to play with them again this week.

Thank you for calling in today

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

24 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

Those Elephants made me smile just from the thumbnail on my reading list and even more so when I saw the full reveal, love the funky feel of them and the flowers and bright and happy colours. The card for Ellies challenge and also Allsorts (Ellies theme week) is also lovely, the image has such a carefree look to her. Thanks so much for joining in the fun this fortnight.

B x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like both your projects, but the fist one is my favorite. Those are the most charming elephants I've seen, and your composition is flawless. Thanks for your visit to my blog and your thoughtful comments. Blessings!

Ellibelle said...

Two amazing projects, so creative and beautifully done! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge Sun, Moon and/or Stars, or something for Baby challenge.
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Ellibelle said...

I'm back already :-) Forgot to mention thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well where it's all about Sunshine, Sunflowers or the color yellow!
xEllie
Ellibelle's Corner

Kathleen said...

A really super image and a lovely background. Thank you for joining our 'Sun,moon,stars or baby' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Two super projects Cath. The second one with the elephants is such fun.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love both of these, Cath. I am SO impressed with your coloring, your stamping, and your style. These are both great and further explain why I don't make cards!

Anke said...

Oh Cath I love both of your works, the journal page with the elephants is absolutely stunning and the card is so wonderful and lovely.

Hugs
Anke

María said...

Two projects very different but both fantastic, I love those elephants, the flowers and the leaves they're very original. And that card is beautiful with that wonderful background and stamp.

froebelsternchen said...

I love both of this pieces - hilarious!
Thank you for yet another amazing entry for AJJ Cath!
Susi xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Those elephants look so cute and I love the sentiment. Your card id beautiful too x

Gibby Frogett said...

Two lovely projects Cath.
I love the elephants stamps - thanks so much for sharing this at AJJ. The elephants are adorable and the one on the right made me think of Disney 'Jungle Book' and one of the songs the elephants sing when they are marching :)
your card is fabulous. Its hard to find many stamps with back views of people - I really like that for perspective and atmosphere.
Gill x

My name is Erika. said...

Those elephants are adorable! Cute cute card Cath! And the other card is a beauty too, but those elephants do steal the show. Happy weekend! Hope its going well for you. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

Love the fun journal page with the Elephants and the image on the second one is lovely, it's a lovely card.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies, Cath. I didn't realize you had chosen the elephants and their eyes to join us at Art Journal Journey with Gill's theme. Thanks for joining in again.

Neet said...

Love the eyes on the elephant on the RH side Cath. It always amuses me how one can change the complete look of something when you just position those dots (eyes) in a different place. (I know you didn't in this case but someone did). He is obviously enjoying the closeness of his companion. A great page Cath.
Lovely card too, I love the wistfulness of the figure looking out to sea. She could be waiting for someone or just thinking. Great colouring.
Hugs, Neet xx

Marjut said...

Lovely journal page and tag!

Sue said...

What fabulous projects Cath! These PaperArtsy elephants are gorgeous aren't they, and as you say would definitely make a wonderful anniversary card. Your other card is so romantic and I love that quote, in fact I have this stamp somewhere though goodness knows where lol. Have a very happy week, Sue x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and love the cute elephants-love the beautiful image and great sentiment on the card too
Carol x

Mummylade said...

What a lovely scene. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Tammy said...

Two beautiful creations Cath! I love your art journal page, the elephants are so cute! Love the gorgeous scene you created on your card also!
Hugs, Tammy

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Cath - I've been behind and am trying to catch up. You bad girl for letting those elephants languish - they are fabulous! The eyes have it! Lovely page and so is your Melissa. Hope all is well with you, xoxo

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.