'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 7 April 2020

...is the theme of this month's challenge on the Stamping Sensations blog. I'd just told someone I'd taken out my splatter stamp background, made last year with this gorgeous Inkylicious stamp, and it just happens to be a rainbow. So I just needed to find a suitable image and some words...these Lavinia geese seemed to work really well. They look to me as if they're searching for the rainbow and are now looking to see what the 'pot of gold' is! I love this image. I love rainbow backgrounds but it's always difficult to choose a suitable coloured card for them. This one worked well today.
The challenge over at My Inkie Fingers is Make it Pop. 
I made this card yesterday, using the newish Pink Ink flying pig stamp - it comes with dies, too, but I think they're pretty simple images to fussy cut. I stamped a couple of times and added foam tape to make the top ear and wing stand out - that seems to qualify for 'Make it Pop'!
I may just have to cut that border off because it's very limiting...I'm not a fan of square or rectangle borders on stamps. I did use the die cut for the words on this card, but won't in future. I don't really like  'cut around' words. It was fun to colour this, but until I cut off that border, I think I'll be using Miss Piggy on her own.
I'd also like to link to the Penny Black & More Anything Goes challenge.


I set a challenge for my FB group, last month - Flowers, to make it simple and here's one of the cads I made for it. I'm enjoying making backgrounds with the AAll and Create dotty stamp and stencil but I'm probably using them too much 😉

I love this flower and just ordered the larger ones, so I'll be journalling those in a day or two. It's really good not to feel bad about spending too much time stamping 😊😁
Also linking to
Make My Monday, Make your own background paper
Dragonfly Dreams, Add a flower/s
Sweet Stampin, Things with Wings
Paper Minutes, Make Someone Happy

Thank you for calling in today...
I'll be back soon
God bless you and keep you safe!
Cath
xxx

27 very kind comments from lovely people:

María said...

Great cards. I agree with you those geese are perfect for that rainbow background.

That flowers card is simply beautiful, the background is awesome.

But I have to admit my favourite card is the second one, that stamp is the best I love it.

Hugs, María.

Heidi said...

Was für tolle Karten!! Die machen bestimmt viel Freude, besonders über das geflügelte Schweinchen hab ich gelacht.
Danke, dass du bei Paperminutes mitgemacht hast.

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful cards Cath, I am grinning after seeing that pink pig its a great image. Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful cards love the splatter rainbow-the pink flying pink and beautiful flowers and delicate background on the last one
Carol x

Viv said...

Lovely makes Cath. Thanks for sharing your beautiful rainbow themed card with us at Stamping Sensations!

DVArtist said...

Cath I love that first one and I don't mind the frame at all. The flowers are really lovely and that pig.... Well you just fill me up with art today. Thank you. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.

My name is Erika. said...

I have been eyeing that Piggy stamp at an online store. It's nice to see your beautiful card (and now I am really really tempted.) And the rainbow background is also fabulous. Well all your cards are once again super Cath. Stay well so we can see more cards another day. Hugs-Erika

Ellibelle said...

All are such beautiful creations with these wonderful stamps and gorgeous colors!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I think the splatter stamp works amazingly well with inky rainbow backgrounds and yours is gorgeous. I think the Lavinia stamps work just perfectly with the silhouette geese against your colourful background. Your other cards are lovely too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

meg said...

Three beautiful cards with brilliant backgrounds especially like the rainbow and geese thank you for joining us at MMM

My Inkie Fingers said...

Such a pretty card! We do require that you link back to the actual blog post (not the blog) I will give you the link. If you can update the link you will qualify for the winners prie =) https://myinkiefingers.blogspot.com/2020/04/mifc011.html
Thanks for playing along with us!

brenda said...

You have created a super card that fun image Cath and loving the hot pinks. The rainbow creation is perfect for our theme and of course the flowers totally appeal. Many thanks for joining in with our April themes at Penny Back and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Many thanks for your kind words the other day, we all deal with situations in different ways and I know from speaking to lots of crafts their inky hobby is helping no end and I derive pleasure from seeing what they create. I've no doubt that my mojo will return in time, it's just frustrating it's taking so long.

B x

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Cath, You have so many lovely things in this post. I love the flowers too. The colors you used are gorgeous. Take care!

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Dora said...

What a great rainbow card. Beautiful card with the goose.
Others cards looks beautiful too. The pig is funny.

Dora said...

forgot to say; Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Let's Art Journal said...

What gorgeous cards! I love your rainbow design and the flying pig made me smile, such fun 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

Debbie Mageed said...

Lovely cards! They are all wonderful, for sure, but the floral CAS card is just amazing. Love it!! Thank you for playing with us at the Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful flower stamp and delicate stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
carol DT x

creativetimewithme said...

Lovely cards! Glad you were able to join us for the Make Your Own Background Paper challenge!

Hugs,
Mary Ellen, MMM DT - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Neet said...

Cannot believe I have missing in action for so long Cath - my apologies. Nice for me though as I get to see so much of your lovely work in the one visit.
The rainbow card is very cheerful, I like the stamp of the ducks - so useful for so many cards and the one you used for the rainbow is now on my wish list. Maybe the ducks should join in?
I do like your pink pig, she is great and suggests a very happy moment as she dances through the field of flowers. I cannot see anything wrong with the border but I do get your meaning about being restrictions Perhaps you should stamp several images before you take the border away. Love how you coloured her wings, reminds me of the bee that resides on my window sill.
Lastly, I can understand why you love that stencil so much, I would too - and the flower image. Both used together make a beautiful card Cath. Classy!
Sending love
Neet xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful makes, Cath, And a stunningly beautiful creation for our Stamping Sensations challenge. Thanks for your lovely words on my blog too. Thank goodness for our hobbies! Take care lovely xxx

Words and Pictures said...

A fabulous rainbow background for those delightful ducks - love the splattery edges - and the delicate shading of the aqua petals of the flowers in the last card is wonderful. The dancing pig made me smile - she's a real treat.
Alison x

rachel said...

Great card - cute pig - love it! Thanks for joining our challenge at Countryview Crafts this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful variety of cards Cath! I love those Lavinia geese! A bigger version of those gorgeous flowers...what am I missing!!!! Hugs, Chrisx