'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 19 July 2010

Here are B & C of my Alphabet Postcards for Lots to Do. 
B is for Blue and for Birds – I used the blues (Distress inks Chipped Sapphire and Tumbled Glass) so that it fits into the Gingersnap Shades of Blue challenge.  There’s also a little bit of Adirondack Slate on there, at the bottom ;)  Stamps from Paperartsy and Time to Stamp.  Large alphabet stamp from Ma Vinci's Reliquary.

B is for Bird
C is for Clowns and also for Colour.  I brayered Tutti Frutti Big and Juicy ink (not one of my usual favourites, I have to add, lol) onto the first background, which was watercolour paper, then stamped and embossed the Clown (Pierrot)  and word stamps from Paperartsy and cut them out.  The image is a bit ‘mottled’ because of the watercolour paper – it’s not easy to stamp.  The second background was brayered with a Mesh roller on my trusty Fiskars Brayer, spritzed with water, then overstamped with the Harlequin stamp, which is a Jumbo rollagraph, taken off the wheel.  Alphabet stamps from Hero Arts.
<KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

JoZart Designs said...

Two lovely letter results and I just knew you'd do B for Birds!! wonder how!?
Jo x

johanna said...

both cards are gorgeous! love the bright colors!

Paul B said...

Two excellent Postcards, I especially love the blue with black combo on the Feathered Friends project. Very atmospheric. Px

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous both of them love the feel of B wonder what those birds are concentrating on. Such a contrast at your C so much work and fabulous zingy colours. xx Zoe

Sid said...

Both are great but I like the second best.....just because the colours are very bold !!

JoZart Designs said...

Doh! Sorry Cath... I thought the POSTCARDS were for the KCUK swap. They must have overwhelmed me!!
Jo x

sam21ski said...

Love the subtleness of the 'B' one and the brights of the 'C' xxxx

Dotpat said...

Love em Cath, must admit my fav is the blue one with the birds

Faye said...

Both cards are great Cath. I love the C for the colors and the B for the silhouettes. Lovely.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is ideal for the Gingersnaps Creations colour challenge, thanks for joining us. Your piece sums up the challenge brillantly.

Anonymous said...

Great Postcards. Hmmmm, now I know where to look when I get stuck on the KCUK swap, lol xx

Anonymous said...

both wonderful postcards....it just seems the clown stamp by Paperartsy always brings out the bright colours and I love the colours youve used.

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic postcards! Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps Color challenge!