'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 6 July 2010

I’m working on other things today, but I wanted to get these things uploaded while I remember ;)
The first one is an ATC which uses the watercolour technique on the Art Cards Challenge Blog, touching the edges of a stamped image (using water based inks) with a paintbrush.  It also fits the Fun with ATCs floral Challenge for today.  It was a good excuse to try out the Freebie stamp with this month's Craft Stamper - I really like it but then I like a lot of Innovative Stamp Creations stamps!  I've used Wild Honey and Walnut Stain Distress inks on it - both to stamp and to colour.  The 'splodgy' bit is one of my favourite filler stamps which I've had for years and years and years - about 8 - but you can't see how lovely it is on this.  It's like a star burst - really pretty.

art cards june 2010
This one was just a play with pigment inks on a Hero Arts stamp.  Basically, Colorbox Cats Eyes were splodged (technical term, of course) all over it, stamped, then overstamped with a Stampin’ Up word stamp before embossing the whole thing with clear Embossing Powder.
hero floral
It would appear that the Blogger problems are now resolved – yay!  I’ve just approved some of your comments.  Thank you so much to all who comment here – I really do appreciate the fact that you took time out to do that and it’s a real encouragement.

22 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sally H said...

Both totally stunning, Cath. I have pressed my freebie stamp into use already too. it's beautiful isn't it?

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Cath, love both your creations today, I must get the new craft stamper as I do like the flower, love the colours in your daisy card me thinks we have the same taste in stamps..... 1st class lol ju x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous ATC and card...loving the colour combi on the atc especially.

cockney blonde said...

More fab creations, x

Paul B said...

Both Card & ATC are as top notch as always. I haven't seen brown and cream combo in a while and forgotten that in the right hands it actually looks extremely good. As for the resist white flowers over the violet background. Gorgeous!!! Pxx

Sid said...

Love the second piece with the pastels and flower stems !

Faye said...

Cath, I don't have good enough adjectives and adverbs to express how much I love your work today. Both works with the flowers are such bursts of colors that they make my heart sing! So gorgeous. I love that daisy stamp and I love the splotch stamp in the top one. Great artistic endeavors.

Yvonne said...

Both gorgeous, Cath!

Tinkertaylor said...

Love both of these can't choose between them. Off now to take the stamp of my craft stamper before I forget

Sarah A said...

Both of these are stunning! You give so much inspiration. By the way, I love how you use none technical terms on your techniques so we can all understand (splodging is good haha)

Sarah x

Amy said...

truelly gorgeous!!

Anke said...

WOW Cath I love your ATC and your card, so beautiful.

Hugs
Anke

AlexaCzar said...

Oh, wow, both works are simply wonderful. Wonderful colors and great physical feeling.
Also your works are very inspiring.
Greeting
alexandra

Chris said...

These are both beautiful Cath. I love the colours of the ATC and the background on the daisy stamp turned out splodgingly good. :o)

Must take my stamp off my mag....

Lynne K said...

Both gorgeous. I really like how you've used the CS flower (surely one of their best freebies yet), and the colours on the HA stamp are lovely.

Chris Arlington said...

I enjoy everything you create! wonderful and inspiring.

Christine said...

Both are beautiful!

chrissy xx said...

Wow! Both are these card are Gorgeous.
Chrissyxx

froebelsternchen said...

oh wow those are so fantastic! GREAT!
love your style and designs !

xxx Susi

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I still haven't used that CS stamp, not sure why as it is lovely and you know how much I like flowers :) Gorgeous colours and you have created such a sense of depth. Lynne M x

Anonymous said...

these are both very nice!

Thanks for playing along at Fun with ATCs and I hope, you will join us again!

*hugs*

aino said...

Beautiful flowers their are, nice ATC.