'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Today, while having a sort out, I found my blo pens, which I’d never used.  My friend, Dot, makes some great backgrounds with these, so I thought I’d try them out.  This is what I made and I think it’s a fair illustration of Heat – one of the Gingersnap Challenges of the moment.  Stamps are Hero Arts and Stampin’ Up.

birthday sunset

This is just a quickie – very similar to some I made before, but with different words.  It’s one of my Ecoline ink backgrounds, which I love so much.  Stamps are Paperartsy and Inkadinkado.  I really love these kids’ words.  Funny, really cos I can easily pass on chocolate, apart from the odd square or two – I know, I’m weird!

chocolate

22 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sid said...

Both these cards are great. The first one with the blo pens is really hot !!!! lol.

Anonymous said...

These are great, love the colours and effect you have achieved with your blow puff wheeze pens!

Tracy Evans said...

Love your cards, love the effect of the blow pens on the first card and the sentiment is fab on the second. Just lovely. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, love the colours. xx

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, these are really hot - gorgeously coloured - and I have never heard of blo pens before - but they sure have made a stunning sunset

Carol Q said...

oh beooooooooooooootiful Cath. love the colours

Neet said...

These are so you - didn't know you were not into chocolate?? Even that B&G's?

Paul B said...

Verrrry Nice. Lovely warm, sunsetty colours. Looks esp effective with the silhouetted images. Px

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Great minds think alike. I have just brayered a background in big and juicy soothing sunset for that very same wheat stamp. Love both cards - wonderful colours!

Chris said...

Ooooh love the colours of these cards, Cath. The silhouette images really pop.

Unknown said...

These are just so gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours! x

Anke said...

Both cards are so beautiful Cath, I love the colours.

Hugs
Anke

Anonymous said...

wonderful colours on both,never heard of blo pens but sounds interesting....I adore Ecoline inks too,reminds me I must dig them out and have a play.

Laura said...

Beautiful images and very evocative of hot summer evenings. Thanks for playing at Gingersnaps.

sam21ski said...

WOW What fantastic deep bright colours, love them both xxxx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Lovely colours. Love those grasses.

Martina said...

Brilliant and vibrant works, Cath! Fantastic colours and designs.

Lynne said...

Fabulous colours love them both.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You've lost me, what is a blo pen? A real sense of warmth in that colour with amazing background, very realistic. Lynne M x

Terry said...

Love your colors. Wonderful background! Great for the heat!

Sandra DeFalco said...

congrats on your Ginger Gems win, love your coloring! ☺ Sandi