'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 12 July 2010

Over at Crafty Cardmakers, the challenge for this week fortnight is a photo challenge and here it is.

CC Photo challenge 25
I thought it was yellow and aqua but the ‘powers that be’ tell us it’s green and aqua, so I took the colours as my theme, along with the hearts and this is what I made.  Week 2 of the challenge will be an easel card, either inspired by this Photo, which is what the Design Team will be doing, or ANY easel card.
Dream
I used one of my favourite images from Lost Coast Design (available from Scrapz in the UK) and here’s how I made it.
The text (US Artquest) was stamped on glossy card with Versamark ink to get a resist effect, then heat set, followed by sponging Adirondack Meadow and Pool inks all over, then stamping the text randomly over the top with each colour.  The flourish and flowers are part of the stamp, so the little girl was stamped in Permanent ink, then again on white matte card, cut out, coloured with Promarkers and the two inks, then glued over the top of the stamped image.  The flowers were coloured with Gel pens and embossed, the wings glitter glazed.  The words (Paper Inspirations) were stamped on white card, cut out, layered onto black card, then attached randomly, with heart brads and gems to complete the theme.
dream detail
Please visit Crafty Cardmakers Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the fab DT have made for the challenge.
The sponsor for this challenge is Joanna Sheen, who is offering a £10 voucher to the winner.  There’s some great stuff at Joanna’s, including EZ mount and Promarkers at a good price with FREE P&P!!  

ajoannasheenbanner

CHALLENGE RULES

Please leave a link to your actual card in Froggie.

If you don't have a blog, please email entries in.
You can combine your challenge with however many you like using any technique or style. Any papercrafted item accepted (scrapbook LO's, ATC's etc) You can also enter up to 3 times per challenge, its all about encouraging crafting after all!   You must also mention Crafty Cardmakers Challenge, with a link back, in your blog entry in order to be considered for the prize.  Best of luck with your challenge!

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Carol Q said...

lovely Cath. I really like the background you created.

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

wow cath, love that card and I like your color choice gorjuss! ju x

Unknown said...

This is utterly charming - I love the little angel child - pure innocence - hope you are picked to win

sam21ski said...

WOW Cath fantastic blend of colours there and love the resist xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love that stamp (had my eye on it for ages), & your fabulous background Cath!

cockney blonde said...

Love your sample Cath but why do challenge blogs have to use photos of sweeties for inspiration??? It just sends me into overdrive for a trip to the sweet shop, lol, x

Josephine said...

What a beautiful card. I love the various stamps and how you've combined them.

Made by Mandy said...

Love your card Cath, very arty and love the collage style.

Such a pretty image,I can see why it is one of your favourites.

Love

Mandy

Cor* said...

VERY unique card Cath! Thanks for your comment.......you made me laugh!! I just got the info from the challenge blog this morning! LOL.....I too need to figure it all out!! LOL. Glad I"m not alone!
All things aside- FAB CREATION GIRL!!

Eiglas said...

Fab project Cath!
I love that image and your super treatment of it!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Cor* said...

This is such a unique card! I love the style...placing the words like you have and putting a little swirl behind her feet! Awesome.

AlexaCzar said...

great treatment and such a beautiful card !!!
Love it !!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Just delightful!!

Anonymous said...

You always put such a lot of work into your cards and they are ALWAYS fabulous! I love this one. xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I'm catching up on all your creations. Oh this is so sweet (Boom! Boom!) Gorgeous colours. Lynne M x

Vixykins said...

Well I think yours is the closest colour match on my screen anyhooooow, its like a pastely green, aqua, yellowy and lime lol! Blame Judie, we always do :D

Gorgeous creation Cath x

Anke said...

So lovely ...

Hugs
Anke