'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 29 July 2010

Ever have one of those days where no matter what happens, you know you just HAVE to stamp or you’ll crack up?  Today was one of those.  Since I’d already started this, I just finished it off with a bit more stamping, a little more ink and a couple of embellishments.  Don’t you just love that pen nib?  I do, anyway, lol – I’ve had them for ages and this is the first time I’ve used one – they’re a great copper colour but the hand is just so cool.  It was the ideal thing to highlight the a in the alphabet!  Hard to believe you can actually use it as a nib but you can and apparently, they’re great for copperplate.
a4x4
It’s glossy card and I’ve used Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass and Pine Needles Distress inks for the background.  It doesn’t show very clearly because the ink was so light, but there’s an alphabet stamped behind the main image, stamped after masking the little boy.  Might have to recolour that bandana and his clothing and shoes – I used distress inks but they seem to have faded into the background with it being glossy card…  I’ve now added some Copic colour and white highlights, so I think it looks better.  May try to get a photo tomorrow to compare.

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

G Peplow said...

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean, you just have to stamp, funny isn't it?
Love your work here, he's a sweet baby and the colour is gorgeous:) x

Martina said...

This is awesome, Cath! What a gorgeous work!

Carol Q said...

oh yes! that's a very cute image Cath.

Anonymous said...

know that feeling well Cath - loving that little boy stamp.

Tracy Evans said...

I know exactly what you mean some days you just need some time to yourself to stamp. Love your alphabet piece, the image is adorable and that embellishment is yummy. Tracy x

sam21ski said...

Well I think it looks stunning and you don't need to do anything further to it xxx

Zoechaos said...

Love the calligraphy in the backgroud as well as the stamp of the boy and bat. Fabulous page xx Zoe

Paul B said...

I certainly get days when I have to make or draw something, just get it out of my system. Great piece, gorgeous blue colour. Pxx

Dotpat said...

Love your page Cath, the little boy is lovely

Mel said...

This is truly amazing! You are just fab at these wee creations!!
I know what you mean tho, you just gotta craft or you'll go mad!
Hugs melly xxx

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous, great colours

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I know just what you mean!! I have a few of those nibs, precious stash but used one on a steampunk card. This is a really lovely card. Lynne x

AlexaCzar said...

Love your work, it so soft and cute!!!
greetings
Alexa

Jan Hennings said...

A beautiful card indeed!!

cockney blonde said...

Love it Cath. Hope its not too late for me to join in with this one, x