'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Here’s my VERY tidy (for me) desk!
woyww 21 july
I’ve deliberately hidden (turned so you can’t see the fronts) of a couple of ‘secret’ things I’m working on and the pile of stamps you can see on the right are waiting to be used, as are some of the mounted stamps. The rest of them stay there all the time because they’re my staple background stamps, so I don’t see the point in putting them away - I reach for them over and over again.  If you look carefully, you’ll see my home made ‘brick wall’ stamp, made with bits of rubber left from cutting out full sheets.  Haven’t tried it yet but when I do, I’ll blog it.  The little basket on the left is filled with Big Shot embossed cards and bits.  The felt tips were used for the card below and the cut out image (Stampotique) on the scratch paper is for an altered book/journal I’m working on.  I’ve prepped quite a few pages and am just getting ready to begin – if I ever pluck up the courage ;)  Oh, and there are some alcohol inked dominoes there, just waiting to be used…

If you'd  like to go nosey - oops - look at other people's workspaces, then why not visit Julia's Blog to see what people are up to?

And here’s a CAS card I made quickly and messlessly (don’t you just love inventing words?).
cas 1
I have to tell the truth, though – this is why the desk is so tidy – half of the mess is on the floor, waiting for me to sort it out and put it away.  At least the desk bit is better!!!
woyww 21 july hidden mess
This is the result of a frenzied stamping session or six and the beginning of a major tidy and reorganisation.  I finally managed to get the Filing Cabinet out and taken away by someone on Freegle, so I moved more drawers in and am enjoying having a little more space to organise.  AND all my stamps are clean and sparkling – well, not quite sparkling, but clean, anyway :D
PS Some of it has made its way back onto the desk already – can’t face putting stuff away until I’ve tried it at least once when it’s in my ‘to use’ pile .

50 very kind comments from lovely people:

Dotpat said...

Have just said to Jo her desk is tidier than mine and so is yours Cath, I don't think I will ever be tidy

Lesley Edmonds said...

I too have that lovely flower stamp in your front row - I just use it so often.

Love your messless card.

JoZart Designs said...

That's looking great, really organised and tidy ... but, like me and as Dot always says, for how long?
I could tidy up the floor PDQ... straight into my drawers and cupboards!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

great workspace with everything to hand or to foot as the case may be!!

xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely collection of wordy stamps Cath! And messlessly is a great word! x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

hahahahaha I love why your desk is so tidy. Love the wall stamp it's great, I've got even smaller cut-off bits to make my own stamp, just can't decide what to do, the bits have been in a drawer for months!
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Inventing words is one of my favouritist past times ... that and nosying around other people's work spaces too :0)

yoursartfully said...

Cath, I'm intigued by the brick wall stamp, can't wait to see how that turns out. And as for art journaling......hope you are ready for another addiction as once you've got the bug.....it takes over!!!

Take care, Lin x

Twiglet said...

Yes thats my sort of tidying - at least your desk is neat!! Your cards are really lovely - just my sort of thing.

ikki said...

Wow, tidy desk, impressed - but the floor made me smile - I think I've seen one like it round at my place! ikki

Handmade with Love said...

I was just thinking how lovely and organised your desk was and then I saw the floor photo! Look forward to seeing what have hidden. Tracey x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow you have a lot of stamps. And I tried to make a stamp out of leftovers once, but mine were all wonky cuts other people gave me. To say I hated it was an understatement. I hope to see yours, because at least it's got some sense to it. Happy WOYWW.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow you have a lot of stamps. And I tried to make a stamp out of leftovers once, but mine were all wonky cuts other people gave me. To say I hated it was an understatement. I hope to see yours, because at least it's got some sense to it. Happy WOYWW.

Sue said...

Hi Cath
great piccies of a hive of activity, great pile of stamps, have great day, sue,x

Maz said...

I LOVE it when people show a tidy desk then show where the mess is! Love your neatly stacked ink pads. x

Kathy said...

I love the look of your desk - and your floor too, for that matter, hehe

Unknown said...

Lots of lovely sentiment stamps, love the mess on the floor

Darcy Marshall said...

tee hee thats what my floor looks like too, bags and boxes of stuff all over and out of range of the camera lol

Jingle said...

I love your brick wall stamps! What a fabulous idea! I might steal it! LOL! That face stamp that you have is amazing, too!

Foil Play said...

A very impressive desk - glad to see it balanced out by the floor though :-D

Carmen said...

Oh I love your floor. That did make me chuckle. The card is gorgeous too - love that vibrant purple.

Oh how I wish what you saw on my desk was my work but no, it is a book I was given for Christmas by my lovely sis called Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts am going to set aside some time this weekend to try out some techniques ;)

Esther said...

oohh..all those lovely stamps, I really need some more sentiments and you have some lovely ones..great tidy desk, but the overflowing basket is cheating a little!! Happy WOYWW...Esther x

Kay said...

Ha ha, love it, sweep it all onto the floor! This reorganisation stuff sounds great in theory, but its a real PITA once you get going with it, isn't it?

Pallavi said...

woww u've got so many cute stamps!!! Can I come and play?? hehe you seem to be very organised! I kind of cleaned up for the pic hehe..i cut the messy part out..u should have seen UNDER the desk!!! haha thanks for stopping by..

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Cath, thank you for popping over and seeing my desk. My partner says I am a fire hazard ! well if I do go up in smoke I will be happy. I love your work and all your lovely stamps.
Hugs Jo.x

Ann said...

You almost had me convinced you were messlessly tidy this week... until the floor photo! Never mind. Try harder next week ;)

Heather said...

What a fabulous organised desk. You've been round to mine and photographed my floor haven't you. My desk, floor bed settee, well every available surface looks like someone's tipped my rubbish bin onto it.
Beautiful CAS card, I love CAS but am pretty useless at it.
hugs Heather xx

angeleef said...

What an AMAZING collection of stamps and inks. I really like your storage cabinets, looks VERY usefull!
Thanks for having a nosey at my blog and good luck reoganising your stuff. You will feel so much better after, believe me!!
** Evi **

Julia Dunnit said...

Am very happy to see that your desk isn't the full story for now! As usual, it all looks fab. The trouble with new storage is the trouble it takes to organise..but oh I guess it will be worth it! Am so bummed about the state of my room I'm having trouble being encouraging, sorry!!

Kaz said...

LMAO I love the floor!! I did think your desk was a bit tidy - loving the stamps. Thanks for visiting me today too x

PaperArtsy said...

Hahaha. Very sneaky of you how its tidy on the desk, then messy on the floor. Love the floor the best! Why do we even bother to tidy? You can never find anything, and you just make a mess in 5 mins again anyway! Brill. Leandra xx

Lynne said...

All in easy reach, just how it should be...I have a floor like that too.

minnie_mac said...

Was most impressed with the desk, and then had to laugh when you gave the game away and showed the floor !

Marilyn

Spyder said...

Great desk, never untidy just very creative! so I'm told! Have a crafty WOYWW
((Lyn)))

Alicia.R. said...

Your brick stamp looks very interesting, can't wait to see the results. As long as the desk is clean the floor is irrelevant.

Sid said...

Tidy and then some....the messed up look is better really !!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fab to have the stamps ready to use. Love the amount of them! I have also made a brick wall stamp of leftovers, it is a great way to use leftover rubber, even if bought stamps have a better image.

Love the CAS card, they aren't easy to make, but so gorgeous!

Hugs
Maarit

Looby said...

your desk looks fab - look at all those lovely stamps!

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh I want to dive into your stash - need help tidying?

Annie said...

Sorry I'm late calling in this week. I'm having a really manic week and even had to pop to see my elderly neighbour in hospital last night [only a 62mile round trip :-)].
Your card is really pretty. Love the idea of tidying the desk onto the floor :-)
A x

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Cath, playing catch up here, great tidy desk but guess it wont last for long lol love the card lovely and clean finish, have a crafty day and get that table messed up ju x

chrissy xx said...

What a fantastic work desk you have! All those goodies. Wow!
Chrissyxx

Sunshine Girl said...

Yes a very tidy desk there and I have to confess that your floor looks just like mine since I had my tidy up too! Thanks for the advice on the darker ribbon - I have caved in though and just inked some white ribbon with matching distress inks - have used broken china so its slightly darker but not much but the ribbon is thinner (the other was velvet) and lies a lot better so I am happy now. In fact I have just finished all three boxes so am catching up with WOYWW whilst eating my lunch and will post piccies later! can you hear the relief as I type....

Sarah Anderson said...

That is tidy Cath! good for you!

Unknown said...

wow what a cool desk lots of goodies to look at and druel over and we get a double wammy by seein more great stuff on your floor xxxx

itsamistry said...

Hey Cath nice to see you to thanks for popping by the blogg. Your desk looks so much interesting than mine. The art desk doesn't get used as much as it used to but when I do thee is usually a space the sizeof a small mouse mat to work on.

Tracey said...

I'm feeling all giddy looking at all your stash, fab space.
x

Chrissie said...

I love your cubby-holes, they look really useful... and the stuff on the floor would warrant a good old rummage through too I wouldn't mind betting!
Chrissie

Tracey said...

apologies for late comments....blogger and I have issues. I love your workdesk, full of interesting stuff and the floor, have fun sorting out.
Tracey

Yenni Natalia said...

That is really a lot of goodies there! and i believe the goodies are keep coming in your house ^_^