'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 12 July 2010

Well, I gave in, lol.  I was so determined I would get the things I’m committed to do out of the way before I started to play but I just had to have a little play – and intend having a couple more, as soon as I can, lol.

So here’s my entry for this week’s Lots to Do Challenge, where the theme for this week is People and Places.

I found my yummy Claudine Helmuth stamps, so I’ve almost finished another card, too.  I keep forgetting about these, lol.  The base for the image is Caught in Crystal, but unfortunately, you can’t see the yummy crystallisation you get the more you heat it – it really is so pretty and glistens.  I stamped the image again on white and layered the CIC over the top, to define the images, then stamped again and cut out ‘La Cathédrale’ which I attached separately with toning brads.  Yellow’s not a colour I often use on its own but I quite like this effect for a change.

LTD 12 jully 2010

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

Lorraine said...

this is absolutely beautiful xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I keep meaning to try this type of background - yours is beautiful x

Basslady said...

a wonderful stylish card! looks great!

xoxo silvi (germany)

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely one Cath...I bet you were you inspired seeing Neet's Paris pics? That card really tells a story.

sam21ski said...

Fab background, the CIC looks stunning with that image xxx

Sid said...

A beautiful card, looks stunning !!

Paul B said...

Simply gorgeous. The yellow works really well with the greens and blues. Love the symmetry of the design and the stamp, you are absolutely right, is gorgeous. Px

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

fabulous as always ju x

Neet said...

Like the simple touch of colour on here - just right for the image.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Stunning card - very stylish!

crafty creations said...

Stunning card with a fantastic background

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning, Cath! I've not heard of 'caught in crystal' before. Sounds fascinating!

Anonymous said...

Fab background to your stamping Cath, one of my favourite techniques! x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Cath, I've never seen those stamps before - love them! This card could not be more perfect for the challenge (joined in also!). TFS. Lynne M x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous postcard, I love the colours :-) Lovely stamps on your desk - I must get one of those Brayers!
Ha, fooled you into thinking my desk is tidy - when you do an aerial view it cuts out all the mess hehehe
Anne xx