'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 22 July 2010

These are the colours we were given to work with for this week’s challenge.

PDCC39

Here’s my attempt, though I found it hard to get the right blend of colours – they’re not quite right.  I could’ve gone darker, which would have actually been easier, lol.

I stamped the words and Harlequin in Versamagic Wheat, then clear embossed (not easy to see), as I did the word Love (Hero Arts).  The tulips (Penny Black) are stamped with Versafine, clear embossed, then I added a few white highlights with my Ranger Inkssentials white pen.

22 July 2010 pdc 39

That mark isn’t on the card, btw – it’s on my scanner – it’s clean now but it’s a bit late for the card and no, I’m not rescanning, lol.

23 very kind comments from lovely people:

Carol Q said...

beautiful Cath. lovely layering.

Sarah Anderson said...

This is beautiful Cath, so elegant. I love it.

Dotpat said...

I really like that Cath it is so different

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Cath nice layout shame you cant see all the detail in the background,I had to squint and imagine lol, time you got the camera out lol ju x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You are on the ball LOL. Simply elegant. Lynne M x (Might give this one a go myself as I had something in mind which would have used those colours anyway. Thanks for the push to join in last week !!)

Tracy Evans said...

Very elegant card, love how you have used the white on the tulip, works really well. Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as usual! These are great colours to work with, bit reminiscent of the 70s, lol

Julie Ranae said...

Cath...this is a lovely interpretation of my colors this week! Wonderfully done indeed!
Glad to have you play with us again in The Cafe.

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely, wonderful image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous artwork! Beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle

KarenB said...

Beautiful work with the neutral colour palette. It looks so elegant :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card Cath, I love the flowers and the colours.

Hugs
Anke

Paul B said...

Love this card, the black silhouette goes perfectly with the brown background. It has a wonderful natural feel. Nice bit of highlighting too. Really makes it pop. Px

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful image very sophisticated and restful. xx Zoe

June said...

Hi Cath, this is so elegant. what a beautiful card. Thanks for the glimpse of your super craft space too
hugs June xxx

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Cath! Love the clean and elegant design.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Tinkertaylor said...

Very classy card, just had a catch up on your blog (been on hols) some gorgeous art as usual particularly love the chocolate quote..... just so so true

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very elegant card!

Ruby said...

This is lovely! Very simple, classy and elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful design and love the image! very striking! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh this card screams BEAUTIFUL! I love those flower images on that kraft! I love everything about this card:) Very elegant! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Zue said...

Simplicity itself and very effective....that's why I like this one... very elegant

Sue

Sue Lelli said...

So ELEGANT! LOVE all the text and the word love