'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Okay, here’s my desk – and this is about as good as it gets when I’ve signed up for lots of swaps…  You can see lots of other desks on Julia’s blog.

WOYWW 14 JULY
2 minutes later…
WOYWW 14 JULY 2
And here’s an Alphabet Postcard for Lots to Do, which is also for Crazy Amigo’s Challenge which this week is ‘A’.
A for Arty Apples
I had fun with this, though I’m going to redo the stalk, I think – it was difficult because there’s no defined line, but it’s painted with gold ink.  I added a couple of extra leaves, so I think it looks a bit better now, lol.    There’s all kinds on this – Acrylic resist to start with, followed by masking the apples, adding Adirondack greens, stamping, overstamping with white acrylic, embossing the main words then using a reverse mask on the apples to add colour (more Adirondacks) and stamping.  It was fun :D

27 very kind comments from lovely people:

Artyjen said...

Love the faces on the apples...great fun :)
xoxo Sioux

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Cath, love your organised K ous(dont know how to spell that lol)
look at you with your ink pads labelled something I must do.....
love the card and all the techy stuff great Have a crafty day ju x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It really looks like a busy stampers work desk should look. I have fallen in love with all your stamps :)

Hugs
Maarit

Yvonne said...

Fabulous piece! Your desk looks pretty organized to me!

JoZart Designs said...

Heh, heh you went for it after all! It looks good and I spy some fabulous stamps that I don't have. I thought at first you'd done your alphabet book swaps already. Whew!

Helen said...

Oh, I love that tag, your desk looks incredible today.

johanna said...

your apple art is marvellous!! love the colors!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

That looks pretty tidy to me LOL. Your postcard is so you, your own backgrounds, quirky stamp. Great. Lynne M x

Mandy said...

stunning postcard! I am in LOVE with your desk, super creative!

hugs mandyxx

Dotpat said...

Love your desk it is tidier than mine, Sue is coming to tidy mine tomorrow. Love your apples too

Annie said...

Lovely show and tell today. Thanks for sharing it.
A x

Zoechaos said...

Yours is a very tidy desk, think you are all very brave showing the world your workspaces LOL

A is for Apple is stunning, love it xx Zoe

Sarah Anderson said...

love how organised, and to hand your inkpads are...and I just remembered I didn't get back to you re stamp club! emailing now lol x

donnalouiserodgers said...

Art spaces I see - do you do desk swaps?!?

the stalk? background one 'looks' better than the foreground one?

is it the light shading on/near very right edge of the foreground stalk? ?means it can't 'go back or come forward' to the eye? its nor one or other is it? it's 'not there' ( but thank god I am not talking about drawers for once - sorry if I sound a bit mad you would need to follow my comment posts from desk 1 to here...)

does it just need a darker edge?
If you are anything like me - I can't rest if I think it's a detail that isn't right and the rest is how I want it?

stunning work - and such patience to do all the layers

itsamistry said...

Hey Cath I was only just thinking about you the other day. It's been so long since I've seen you. Thanks for visiting my blogg (such as it is lol).

My previous workspace was my back bedroom so I know how it is to work in a small space.

Great apple postcard and your work desk looks like mine used to.

Anita

Sue said...

Hi
lovely creative desk pics, great postcard, fabby image, have good day, sue,x

Unknown said...

LOVE the postcard ... great desk to ogle at too :0)

Darcy Marshall said...

great space, so busy. Love that postcard.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's one impressive post card and has so many techniques on it. Happy WOYWW.

Sally H said...

Fabulous postcard and a wonderfully busy desk.

Julia Dunnit said...

It looks great and I didn't even notice the stalk till you said! Do you brayer all of your u/m stamps or just the big ones?

JoZart Designs said...

Just realised that I made my pages thinking the holes would be punched on the left hand side.. .ooh er!
I'm going to try that pork teryaki very soon but just short of a couple of the ingredients.
Jo x

Anonymous said...

Love all of those stamps you have, I've never tried brayering, so much to do and try and buy and create, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda

Spyder said...

og goodness, I've just spotted the ugly card on your side bar, I had that once... I wonder where it is now, was going to start my own, but life happened and I forgot! (til now) Great desk this week and sorry I'm late, but I have to limit myself to just a few hours commenting (challenges as well as other things) or I'll NEVER do any crafting! it really does take hours...love your card and apple face lady, really sounds like great fun to do. Have a good WOYWW on Friday!!

(Lyn))

Annes Art said...

Fabulous piece!

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Anke said...

Gorgeous !!!