'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Well, if I didn’t know any better, I’d suspect that my friend, Jo and I had been colluding – but we didn’t and my desk’s much messier than hers – and the worst thing is I’ve been working on the dining room table this afternoon cos of the mess!!  In all honesty, I’d just piled some stuff on the desk as I’d finished with it, so it’s waiting to be put away.  Anyway,  here’s my WOYWW entry.

my desk
Here’s a close up where you can see one of my favourite stamps…
Queen of Last Minute!
woyww close up2
But the main reason it may appear that Jo and I had been plotting was that I had to make a couple of Sympathy cards today, too!  Nothing fancy about mine, though.  They’re very simple, quick and very easy (hands won’t allow much else at the moment) made with felt tips, glossy paper and a favourite PSX stamp.  One on white, the other on lilac. 
sympathy3   sympathy 4

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sandra Hall said...

Some great looking stamps knocking about on your desk Cath. x

Lynne K said...

Beautiful cards, Cath, simple yet elegant.

What a great looking desk!

Helen said...

Wow, I am so glad you showed us your desk - what a load of gorgeous stamps and stash!! The cards are very pretty.

Sid said...

What a busy desk ! love the cards.

Sally H said...

Beautiful cards Cath, and finally someone who has a desk that rivals mine!

Hermine said...

Very elegant. Oh boy and I thought I was messy :o)

craftimamma said...

Oooh what fabulous clutter! Lots of gorgeous looking stamps on there and my favourite - ink pads!!!

The cards are lovely and so elegant.

Lesley Xx

G Peplow said...

I love your desk, it's so full of stamps:)
Your cards are beautiful and will be well received. xx

JoZart Designs said...

I love your cards Cath... very elegant.
I've never seen that Queen of the last minute stamp before but love it. Lots going on there, thanks for the snoop. Hope your hands don't impede you for long,
love Jo x

Chris Arlington said...

Oh you girls make me feel better. I can't work up the nerve to show my chaos, but I see I am in good company. That's the price of being a creative person....right? (LOL)

Anke said...

Beautiful cards Cath, very elegant.

Anke

Anonymous said...

A woman after my own heart...a bit of mess never hurt anyone!
I spy maybe a tag with one of Jo Capper-Sandons stamps on? Do we get a better look of that soon!
Your sympathy cards are very elegant and classicly styled.

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love looking at desks just like mine! Great sympathy cards :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Both cards are gorgeous, amazing the difference the final card colour makes. Loving rumaging round your desk this morning...only reason mine doesn't look the same is that my stamp shelves are within arm's reach!

Anonymous said...

Lol! I thought my desk was bad! Love rummaging through your stamps though Cath, & those cards are perfect for the occasion! x

Larisa said...

What a nice disorder on your desk )) I wish I was there ))) So many stamps!!!! I am envious a lot.
Larisa. xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that crown stamp. Queen of Last Minute seems appropriate for my comment, too. Sorry I'm so late getting here. It's been a full week, just like your desk! Happy beLATEd WOYWW.

Neet said...

Lovely cards Cath - very simple and elegant.