'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Where’s this week gone to?  It’s absolutely flown by but then again, a lot has been happening here.
It’s Wednesday, so it must be WOYWW!
I cheated a little here and took the photos on Tuesday cos I knew I wouldn’t be using my desk for a little while – sorry.  Not so much happening on my desk, I’m afraid – so there aren’t many changes here from last week, except that you will notice – ta da!!!

woyww easel
…my wonderful, fabby, dabby sparkling NEW WOYWW easel, courtesy of the wonderful Julia – and (I presume) Mr Dunnit, bless their little cotton socks :D  Thank you VERY MUCH, Julia.  It arrived Tuesday morning and made my day!!!
Stepping back, this is the view of the desk.  I did manage a little bit of stamping and inkiness yesterday morning, so you’ll see some of the results (and the aftermath, lol) there.
my desk 2 28 july
These are the shelves over the desk.
shelves over desk 
This is what’s behind me, as I work.
behind me 1
You can see my trusty Tonic Trimmer (12x12) here – wouldn’t be without it and have 2 smaller ones in different sizes – love em.
behind me
There are more shelves above this worktop and on the opposite side of the room, to the right of the desk is this.
shelves
It may not LOOK super organised but it is, in fact, organised chaos and I know where most things are, until I tidy up – then it drives me dotty, lol!
I have family in hospital at the moment, so all my time is taken up on visiting and it’s unlikely that I’ll find the time to visit all the desks this week, as I did last week, so please forgive me.   Life has a habit of getting in the way at times, doesn’t it?
If you’d like to spy on other people’s workdesks, pop on over to Julia’s Blog and check out the links.  It’s fascinating to see how differently people work!  Have a great week ;)

34 very kind comments from lovely people:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great desk, love organized chaos :))

Helen said...

Fab pics of your workspace, have loved looking at them.

Anonymous said...

blimey I would love to visit your craft room...what a nice lot of stash you have!

Sid said...

Simply loads & loads of stuff.....love it !!

Joey said...

Hiya

oooh I would love to come to visit your craft space you have so much stash I would love to rummage through.

Joey.x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

lovely pics. Love the things in the easel I have that stamp, it's great isn't it.
Anne x

Sew This N That said...

Great workspace pics hun :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Unknown said...

Loving the whole organised chaos vibe going on here ... makes me feel right at home ... only home is rather more chaos than organised right now :0)

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely artwork in the easel, shows it off to perfection. Great crafting space you have. Tracy Evans x

Carmen said...

Now who wouldn't love to come and have a nosey through those shelves. Very very interesting.

Serendipity Stamping said...

A real craft room for sure!! Yes, cleaning up & reorganizing can really mess with what you thought you had just where you wanted it, lol. Thanks for great pics.

Darcy Marshall said...

your shelves are stuffed full lol but organised chaos is the best way to go!

Tinkertaylor said...

Stash, stash and more stash what more could you want.

Sue said...

Hi
gorgeous tags, lovely colours & image, oh lots of lovely stuff to rummage through, have great day, sue,x

Lizzybobs said...

fab u lous desk and stash - lv Liz

Lizzybobs said...

fabulous work area and stash - lv Liz

Anonymous said...

Ohhh wow i just love love love your place
Hugs June xxx

angeleef said...

Mmm loving organised mess. Can you come explain to my mum that I'm not the only one having this "problem"? :)
Have a nice day!
** Evi **

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I love your organisation - and I know tha tyou are spot on when you say you know where everything is tillyou have a go at tidying. Don't do it - it looks FAB from here! Love the pieces in your easel. Hope the hsopital visitng isnt too exhausting, and don't worry about WOYWWing, it's not the visiting commitment here that counts.

Hope and Chances said...

I'd love to have a nose in all those baskets - so much lovely stuff :-)

Angie said...

I love organized chaos ... its the best state to be in but only you understand it .

jude said...

Lovely piccys hun !fab craft room.
hugs judex

Spyder said...

Morning!! Lovely snoop around your crafty space, I was here yesterday but could make the comments thingy open. I always spot the Ugly card! wonder where it is now...All your stuff seems to be well organized, so I don't see a mess at all!! Have a Great WOYWW on THurSday!!

((Lyn))

Phree said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing space! It does look very organised, tho I don't know how you manage to remember were everything actually is.

Dotpat said...

Still tidier than mine Cath, would not dare show a photo of mine

Twiglet said...

Loads of stuff to play with in a fab craft space!

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh you live in a craft shop!

Dx

Minxy said...

what a beautifully jam packed space, hope you find some more time to craft soon :D

Hermine said...

Oh this feels like home, mine is organised chaos as well. And boy do I hate it when I tidy up and can't find stuff anymore.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I am mesmerised,would love to play in your room. WOW. Lynne x

Tracey said...

lovely organised crafty goodies. You have so much stuff its wonderful. I love your finished pieces in the WOYWW stand, scrummy.

Sorry this is a bit late and I hope you have a wonderful weekend
Tracey

Hels Sheridan said...

all that stash....lush! Hope the family in hospital are gettingbetter hun x

Chrissie said...

Goodness, what a lot of 'stuff'!
I'm in awe!
Chrissie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I know how late I am this week, but I was glad I made it by to see all that stash you have amassed. I know you are right when you say you know where it all is until . . . Yep, I know that feeling, too, especially if I move things to a new location. Happy belated WOYWW.