Sunday, 5 September 2010

Here’s my J postcard but I haven’t yet managed to finish the 4x4 – hope to get that done in the next few days.

J for Jigsaw pc

The background is resist – Versamark ink stamped on glossy card, then inked over with Distress inks – Pine Needles, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass and Broken China, with a little overstamping in Broken China and Pine Needles.  The jigsaw pieces are stamped with various stamps and embossed, then inked.  The words are from a Simple Expressions plate, stamped and cut up.

Sorry I’ve not been able to visit your blogs as much as I usually do – life’s a bit chaotic here at the moment.  Hope to manage a bit more free time after this week.

15 very much appreciated comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The perfect word for the lettee J. Love the background and also how you jazzed up the puzzle pieces.

mustavcoffee said...

Lovely piece, the colour's are great, I like the layering of the background and the sentiment is laden :)
Hope you can get some quiet time soon:D xxx

Paula said...

wonderfully decorated jigsaw pieces.

sam21ski said...

WOW Lurvely postcard, can't wait to see what you do with the 4x4 and what a great theme for J xxx

Chris said...

Having looked at all your latest posts I see you have been very creative. I think they are all fabulous.
Chris xx

joanne wardle said...

gorgeous, each of the jigsaw pieces is a work of art, and the background is just beautiful

Sally H said...

It's beautiful. All my favourite colours. I've not posted for nearly a week. I've been laminating for England! Back to work tomorrow

Dotpat said...

Love this piece Cath, well what can i say love all you do

Sid said...

Great piece, especially loving the colours used !

Paul said...

This is wonderful, I'd forgotten how well jigsaw pieces worked when stamped on. Lovely to see you on Saturday & thanks for my card. Pxx

Jack said...

This is stunning. I love the bg. xx

Sarah A said...

Love the resist background and the muted tones you have used on this are gorgeous!

Just trying to catch up my blogging now I am back at home and your blog is my first stop!

Missed your inspirational creations.

Sarah x

Anke said...

Wonderful card Cath, great background.

Hugs
anke

stampdiva said...

Great use of the letter "J". Lynne x

Anne Jagger said...

Ooooo this is gorgeous. I love everything about it. X