'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 17 April 2018

I’m really enjoying trying to make something of my old scraps, so here are more…

This is an old Faux Batik background, which turned out too dark, so I used the same stamps used on the background and added a little more to it to lighten it. I used yellow for a change and did a little shadow stamping in the background.

IN MY PRAYERS FB

I don’t often use die cuts but I saw these used on the Stamps and Stencils Challenge blog and fell in love with them – they’re also a great way of lightening darker backgrounds. Sorry it’s not a good photo but it’s pretty dark here today Sad smile

FLOWER DIES 2

This is another dark (acrylics) background lightened with stencils and white ink or paint, using a Paperartsy Flower stamp and a great Tim Holtz text…

LIVE IN MOMENT

Another Paperartsy stamp and another TH quote…

NEW ENDING

…and the lovely Woodware silhouette again on a simple inky background.

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST

I’d like to link these to the following challenges.

Try it on Tuesday – Beautiful Nature

Creatalicious – Anything Goes with optional dies/punches

Crafting with Friends – Anything Goes

and

Crafty Creations – Anything Goes

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

craftytrog said...

A beautiful selection of cards Cath!
Alison x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous selection of pretty floral cards.
Thank you for sharing them with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my GOSH! I am in love with each single one of this AMAZING cards! I’m so awed by your artistic cardmaking!
So happy to see you joining our new theme over at Try It On Tuesday! Much appreciated dear Cath!
Happy week!
Hugs, Susi

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful cards Cath and I'm so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

hazel said...

A wonderful collection of cards Cath.
xxx Hazel.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely set of floral cards Kath and the backgrounds are great, so pleased you got to use them
Thanks for sharing at TioT
Avril x

Neet said...

Lovely card Cath, I especially like the way you thought to lighten up the first one - pure genius - although it was probably fine as it was.
If I had to have a favourite it would have to be the next one - I love the blues you have introduced here.
All gorgeous - thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps are you going to Port Sunny? Could do with a chat.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and many congratulations on being chosen as a Top 5 winner! J 😊

Rika said...

Beuatiful cards!