'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 30 April 2018

I’ve had a great play day today… there was much discussion re Distress Oxides on KCUK, so I was inspired to play some more… I’ve only used one of the backgrounds I made, so they’ll be coming up in the next few days.

BUT I was playing with one of my latest acquisitions (thank you to That’s Crafty for your lovely clearance sale Smile) and thinking of balloons (Addicted to Stamps Challenge) and circles (That’s Crafty Challenge and Sweet Stamping Challenge) so these were what I ended up with.

KNOW YOU ARE PRECIOUS

The words are a mish mash of words I’ve cut out from various stamps – I just saw them and liked them together.

HOPE PINK BLUE

The above was an attempt to use the paler DOs – they seem to get lost when used with the deeper colours – so it’s very baby pink and blue.

BALLOON JOY

In my mind’s eye, the swallow had landed on a bubble or balloon, adding meaning to the text, so I added some string Smile   While there, I thought I’d add more messy string to some of the stamped circles I’d added to that little image (continuing the design elements of the main image). I played around with my circle stamps, adding more circles of different sizes in black and white inks and really like the end result.

This last one started with a long, thin scrap of card left over from another project, to which I added some Distress Oxide (Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers) dipping and spraying.  Because the background was made with Glimmer Mist, the mica shines through in parts. There’s also a bit of Brilliance Resist Technique in there – some of the Moonlight White circles were stamped in between inky layers, giving a lovely 3D effect to the background when the light hits it.

One more balloon image… on one of my darker backgrounds, overstamped and stencilled in Brilliance Moonlight White.  You may be able to see that this image is faulty, but I’ve informed the supplier (Bee Crafty) and I’m waiting for a replacement. I’m using a lot of white ink, lately… I think it really does add an extra dimension.

BALLOON GIRL 2

While I was looking round That’s Crafty Challenge Blog, I discovered that I’d won top 3 in February – I didn’t even know! So I’m proudly displaying my badge Smile Thank you very much!

The challenge over at Make My Monday Challenges is dry or wet embossing and since I’ve embossed all the images on the above, I’ll link to that, too.

That’s all for now…

Back soon

Thanks for looking

Cath

xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

It's clear you have great fun creating theme Kath, so much lovely inkiness and I need more Bee Crafty stamps. And so pleased I'm not the only one left on the plant who still loves Glimmer Mists, I remember the time when they were all the thing and I used them regularly in demos.

B x

hazel said...

Beautiful cards Cath, the backgrounds are fabulous. Have a lovely day.
xxx Hazel.

Mrs.B said...

Great inky cards Cath and I do like the white highlights, don't use white ink much, so I must give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
Avril x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards Cath! Love the last one especially! Chrisx

Fliss said...

Wow! These are all fabulous Cath. Love every single one as the backgrounds are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in with our circle challenge at That's Crafty! Wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss DT x

Nandini said...

Very beautiful cards. Love the gorgeous backgrounds. Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best! Nandini, DT