'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 4 February 2012

H’mm, not sure about that, but there’s certainly a rainbow!
This month’s Art Journey Challenge is a Man’s card in Rainbow colours, so here’s my entry.

rainbow man 2

This is a scan of how it looked before I added the black and white images.

rainbow men

I think the white makes the other colours pop.  The rainbow background was made in the same way as the last one I did, using red, yellow and blue dye inks (Adirondack), but this time on ordinary cardstock.

Not too sure about the rainbow brads – I wanted to tie knots but am having problems with one of my hands, so decided on brads.  I’m a bit happier with them now that I’ve added the other images, though.

34 very kind comments from lovely people:

Jeany said...

Oh cath. It is so great, i love how younused the colours, great work. Have a great weekend, greetz, Janine

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Katy sure there is a rainbow. Fabulous work. I love the friends too. Beautiful card you have made.
have a nice weekend and greet
Marja

sam21ski said...

Oh yeah, great call. I totally agree, the white image really does make the other colours stand out more if that makes sense.

I love those brads, great addition.

Is your hand playing up because it's sooooo cold outside, or so they tell me!!

Take care - Sam xxx

froebelsternchen said...

just B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L

xxx froebelsternchen

flutterbycrafter said...

Oooo this is fabulous, I nearly bought that stamp yesterday, put it in my cart and then took it out again, if I'd seen the way you've used it I would have bought it. You've made a fantastic card. xx

Femmy said...

it's great!!!

Helen said...

I love the card - you are totally right about the white making it pop. Love the brads, and the stamp like Ann says, is wonderful!

Sandy said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Fabulous color design. Love them.

Ann B said...

Fab card Cath, so striking and the black and white gents pop of the page. I think the brads work just fine.
Ann B
xx

Anne Jagger said...

Love how you've used the colours and the white on there works perfectly X

Gery said...

Hi Cath, how is your hand doing?
In spite of that, you made a beautiful rainbowcard (sure these are rainbowcolours!!). I also choose the friends for my challengecard and masked them.
The card is ready, but I don't know yet if I should colour the sweaters. Now I see your card....!!
It's looks beautiful this way.
You will see what I decided to do.
Good luck on your entry.
Love Gery

Netty said...

Terrific design and colours, it has the wow factor. Annette x

Carol Q said...

coo, that's beautifully put together Cath!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fab - and I love that you're showing us with white and without! (With white gets my vote too!) Vicky x

Terry said...

Wow! Both ways are fabulous, but I do like the pop with the white! Love the three buddies just haning out! Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A gorgeous creation! Love the colors!

greetings, Alie :-)

Miranda said...

Great card and colours Kathy! Like the white that pops the colours! greetz Miranda

Brenda Brown said...

Mmmm can see what you mean, I too prefer the one with the black and white Cath and the rainbow background really does pop.
Thanks for linking it to FSC challenge.
luv {brenda} xox
PS looking to see where you live. have I missed it somewhere on your brilliant blog?

Anonymous said...

So bright and zingy. And you are right, adding the white makes such a big difference. Somehow that image looks larger now. And I think the brads work too. Hope your hand improves. xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Stunning card. Adding white really makes the colors pop. Almost forgot about brads! Great addition here. Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

Willy said...

What a beauty, Cath! Thanks for joining us at the Art Journey Challenge.

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW, what a difference ,it really pops with the white!
Hugs Lynn

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colours

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful card in great colors. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Hella said...

Beautiful card and yes the men only in black/white is definitely much better.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Cath, I like the guys white shirts too - they really do make the other colours pop x

Ellie Knol said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The second card is as you said better because of the image popping!

Shirl said...

You have made such an amazing rainbow card for a man Cath it is so inspiring.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

hazel said...

Both cards are fabulous Cath but the second one certainly stands out more.
xxx Hazel.

Cazro said...

I agree, the guys do pop in their white shirts. I think this effect is stunning. I love the stamp and the colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping. Caz

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The white was the perfect decision Cath as it makes the other colours pop and far more vibrant.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Rika said...

Great card,
I agree it really pops with the white shirts.

Ellie Knol said...

Congrats for winning at FSC, you were my number 1!

Handgathered said...

Very nice background. Beautifully blended! I also posted a wee card for the challenge on my new blog. Anni/Handgathered