'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 13 July 2018

and wheat are the colours in this month’s Butterfly challenge. I did attempt to make wire antennae, but couldn’t find any wire thin enough for my hands to manipulate properly. The wire I did find was too thick. That’s what happens when you decide to have a drastic clear out Sad smile

WINE WISTERIA WHEAT_thumb[3]

To be honest, the wheat was a last minute addition. I didn’t think it would work but it’s not too bad, I don’t think. I used Prisma pencils to colour the butterfly (while watching a great Wimbledon semi final) which is on an Oxide background, spattered with white.

WINE WISTERIA WHEAT C_thumb[2]

This one is the same colours (minus the wheat) so was also made with the Butterfly challenge in mind, but was made specifically for the CAS Watercolour Splash challenge.

WATERCOLOUR SPLASH 1_thumb[3]

Moo Mania and More also have a Butterfly challenge, hence the focus on butterflies.

This one’s a simple card featuring a butterfly and text, coloured with pastel shade Oxides.

PASTEL FLUTTERBY TEXT_thumb[2]

Onto some simpler cards… this one was an attempt at a mono effect, inspired by some cards I saw on Pinterest. I’ve used Hickory Smoke Oxide on this one, stamping the larger flowers with the Black Soot Distress Oxide.

MONO 1_thumb[3]

Along the same lines, this one also uses Hickory Smoke, with some Iced Spruce… though it’s not easy to see it.

SO GLAD_thumb[4]

Back to bright and colourful for Dare to be Artsy’s Birthday Challenge, using the lovely sheepses Smile

BIRTHDAY SHEEPSES_thumb[5]

I was playing with a technique I saw on someone’s blog – sorry, can’t remember how I got there – smooshing stripes of Distress or Oxide inks across watercolour paper, then blending the colours with a small paintbrush and water. The Picked Raspberry isn’t as washed out as it appears in the photo, though.  I also had an old friend’s birthday in mind as I was making this.

I’d also like to link to the following challenges:-

Try it on Tuesdays – Add a Quote

Everybody art Challenge – Birthdays

Fashionable Challenges – Use Those Inks

Simply Papercraft – Anything Goes

Sorry to anyone who was trying to view these images, but I had to correct a link I’d duplicated, but Live Writer had an error while retrieving and my images disappeared.  Seems to be okay now, though…

Back to the tennis… back soon!

Thanks for looking

Have a great weekend!

Cath

xxx

21 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Another gorgeous collection of cards Cath. My favourites are the first one, I love the layout, stamps and the colours that you've used and I love the one that you've done in grey. The silhouette stamps look superb against the background. lovely stamping on them all! Have a great weekend. Sandra x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow... you are on a roll Cath! Those cards are all so beautiful!

I am in awe of them all, specially the butterfly cards are so speciall charming! So pleased you played along with us over Moo Mania & More at Try It On Tuesday! Your participation is much appreciated! Thank you very much!
Happy weekend!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful array of cards! I love the butterfly quote and the wonderful colour palette you used for this card. Those sheepies caught my eye too, aren't they fun 😁. Thanks for the smiles and for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Have a lovely weekend! J 😊 x

Mrs.B said...

Another fabulous collection of cards Cath, and I think the colours of the first butterfly really pop against your background.
The mono effect cards look great and I do love those sheepies.
Have a great weekend, Avril xx
p.s. Forgot to say Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday

Meggymay said...

Another fabulous selection of cards in this post, I really love the butterfly against the inky background of your first card.
Yvonne xx

Mrs A. said...

Two great cards. I love the addition of the wheat on the first one . Definitely adds that little something. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel this week. Hugs Mrs A.

nancy littrell said...

You have been a very busy stamper, Cath. TFS all your pretty and creative cards. So pleased you added your 2nd butterfly card with the Splash background to our CAS Watercolour Challenge. TFS Hugs...

Marcia Hill said...

What a gallery of your own you've created with all these BEAUTIFUL cards Cath!! Thanks so much for adding your 2nd card to our gallery at CAS Watercolour...absolutely lovely!! :0)

Rosie said...

Absolutely beautiful artwork, Cath

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Rosie said...

And I say also
Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards again Cath, you must be the speediest crafter ever. They are all really lovely, but the TH crazies, and the PA sheeples always make me smile. Have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Loll said...

Four fantastic cards Cath! Looks like you've had lots of fun getting inky fingers lately! Especially love the splashed butterfly card with the torn panel. Very artsy! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Marjan said...

I think your creations are very creative and beautiful! Especially love that first butterfly card!
Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog, much appreciated.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time with your Granddaughter, it's so precious isn't it. I have taken your advice Cath and I've added the photo to my last post x

Gibby Frogett said...

More beatiful cards - love the butterfly and quote especially but that doggie is adorable and has such a sweet face :)
Gill xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

More fabulous cards Cath! I love the butterfly one with that lovely quote! Those sheep do make me smile every time I see them - I know I will be buying them soon! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

EricaSta said...

Nice to See other Art about Butterflies for the challenge from Moo-Mania...

...nice to meet you here!

Neet said...

Oh I love the sheepsy card, they are adorable and you are making me want to buy them. I like it when you can get some use out of stamps and you have made some lovely cards with them. Great technique for the background too, looks lovely. Love the little dog card too. He is so cute and i don't do cute, or so I used to say, then the "crazy's" got hold of me and now I tend to do cats, dogs and birds more than anything - you'll be having e on sheep before long.
Great butterfly cards and funnily enough the "simple one" - as you described it - is my favourite. But, I do like the Mono one. Clever idea to use the sprig of flowers in Hickory and then in th stronger black. So very effective.
A lovely set of cards - have a great week and I look forward to seeing the next batch of cards you do.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Shirley said...

All beautiful but the butterfly is my fave.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

Shirley said...

Soory Cath meant to add from FSC.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Cath. You are the queen of butterflies! All of them are gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs