'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 2 August 2018

I had a better week and really enjoyed my stamping this week, but some of it took me AGES to do!  That’s part of the fun, though, isn’t it?

I played with my last lot of Carabelle stamps and made these, using Paperartsy graphic stamps on the background and a Stampinback dotty circle…I had to piece the children because of the busy background but it was worth it.

This is for

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make your own background.

SWING PLAY

I love the stamps in this set… so simple but they are a pleasure to use… I just used a Hero Arts word stamp and a bubble stamp from either Cherry Pie Stamps or Art Journey… I keep them in my background titbits box, so I’m not sure which set they’re from. The word precious is definitely an Art Journey stamp.

PRECIOUS MOMENTS2

You may need sunglasses to look at this one…

I’d already made the background with Oxides last week, and this lovely girl with the heart was in my basket of pre-cut images, waiting to be coloured. I sometimes stamp images, then cut out while watching TV and pop them in my basket… though I seem to be watching less and less TV these days and reading more.

The stamps are Doo Lally Pip. This is for Make My Monday’s Coloured Image challenge.

RAINBOW LOVE

Then I played a little more with the Sheepz…this one is for my baby brother’s birthday, on the way to NZ – late again, of course – I’m REALLY bad at being on time for early in the month birthdays – they always seem to take me by surprise! I’m not as happy with the colours on this one – not bright enough for the effect I wanted, yet this card took about four HOURS to make, with stamping and cutting out sheepz, despite the background being a lot simpler and plainer!

I think the bands of colour are wider than I usually use, so there’s too much Broken Glass and Meadow Green and because I needed to cut off the deeper bits at top and bottom to make it DL size, there isn’t as much contrast. 

SKIPPY HOPPY 2

This one I’m MUCH happier with Smile  though it’s very tall and will need an A4 height envelope. Love this Penny Black Sentiment…

SHEEPZ 4

This next one is a Book Paper card for TIOT’s current Challenge and also features a small tag, so it can be entered into the Allsorts ‘Add a Tag’ challenge.

I stamped the flowers in Versamark and clear embossed them, then added DIs over the top, overstamping with the same flowers in purple, then in Versafine Clair black, clear embossing the lot. The circles are a Dylusions border, stamped twice and cut out of white card to stick over the top.

TAGGED BOOK PAPER

I’d also like to enter these ‘Anything Goes’ challenges:-

Creatalicious Challenges

Crafty Sentiment Designs

Through the Craft Room Door

  Crafty Creations

I’d also like to say my heart goes out to any of you involved in any way in the fires currently raging through California – especially the Carr Fire, which has devastated so much land and so many properties - I can only imagine the fear and pain involved in the uncertainties and damage these fires are causing…you’re in my prayers!

That’s all for now!

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

23 very kind comments from lovely people:

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed dipping into your blog...What amazing projects and fabulous inspiration. The backgrounds are wonderful and love how you build up your cards. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and fabulous cards x.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow- you are on a roll Cath! What an amazing array of cards again! Brilliant designs ,layout and colours! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday again ! Much appreciated! You never cease to amaze with your stunning designs!Happy weekend ahead!
oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

Your cards are all fabulous Cath. The stamping and colours as always are so inspirational to see.
Thank you for sharing with the us at TioT's as well.
Yvonne xx

brenda said...

Some lovely creations again Cath, lots of inkiness and colour which always appeals to me being of the same mindeset and rather like the slightly 'edgy' stamps you used, the one for Allsorts is just perfect for our theme, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Rosie said...

What a bunch of lovely cards, dear Cath. All of them are stunning.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY.

Have a nice weekend

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning selection of cards love all the fabulous sramps and your layered stencilled and stamped backgrounds -don't think I could even pick a favourite I really love them all
Carol x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card for our Tag theme at Allsorts, xxx

Nélida Cordón said...

Very creative bunch of cards! Love them all, your backgrounds are worth the time you dedicate on them.
Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
Hugs

Mummylade said...

Wonderful creations. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the Tag-challenge.
We are also experiencing horrible forrest fires here in Sweden, hope the weather changes soon.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! You really have excelled yourself Cath! Such a lovely bunch of cards- love the sheepz of course and the carf for Try It On Tuesday is a real treat! Thanks so much for linking! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

A great set of cards Cath! I love the backgrounds!
Alison xx

Kelley said...

Wonderful stamping and paint techniques going on here! Love the colors and artsy designs. Thanks for sharing your talents with Crafty Creations Challenges!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many amazing cards! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday, your book paper background looks fabulous and I love how you built up the layers of colours and flowers using inks and embossing - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a very hapoy weekend! J 😊 x

Joan said...

Fab batch of cards, love all the layers of colours and stamping. I love the Doo Lally
Pip girl, so colourful, I'd forgotten all about those stamps, have several somewhere.

Joan. x

Rhodidodi said...

Gorgeous cards, I especially love the last one. The purple looks great with the black, a super colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Creatilicious Challenges.

Nandini said...

These cards are gorgeous! The backgrounds are really amazing. Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday Challenges. All the best. Nandini, DT

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful cards and backgrounds and I do love the Doo Lally Pip girl on her colourful background. Love both the sheepz cards, such fun.
Thanks for sharing another book paper card with us at TioT.
Avril xx

Craftyfield said...

What a delightful series of cards! I love the style of the first 2 but as much as I'm not into whimsy images, the Sheepz card have gorgeous colours and are so funny!

Kim Hamilton said...

Fabulous group of cards!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful creations! I love all the different designs and your blessing artworks are fabulous 😁. The sentiments made me smile ...guess I must be a little bit younger now ...lol 😉. I hope you are having a lovely time with your family and wishing you a Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Neet said...

Love these cards, especially the sheepy ones - they are such fun. Brother will love his.
Saying that I just adore the children on the first card - especially the one swinging on the tyre - what fabulous stamps and what a fabulous card you made with them.
Love each and every one.
Hugs, Neet xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous cards...love all the interest and depth of colours.
x Karen

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, what a fantastic group of cards, Cath.

And I love your beautiful cards with the sheepz, so funny ...

Hugs
Anke