'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 9 August 2018

I don’t have a lot of time to play right now, but I snatched a bit of time to myself to do some journaling and a bit of stamping and themed them around current challenges.

For Shopping Our Stash, I used a silhouette stamp and for Penny Black and More’s I Spy something beginning with ‘B’ I used birds.

BIRDSONG SILHOUETTE SCAN

This next one was made while I was looking after my 5 year old granddaughter, and she chose the rainbow colours for the kite.  I’ll enter it into the

Inskspirational ‘under 10 minutes card’ challenge. It took me approximately 8 minutes to make. I used Prisma pencils for the colouring and Oxides for the grass, after extending the ground line from the original.

I’d also like to enter this into Addicted to Stamps and More’s Clean and Simple challenge.

TATTY BUTTON KITE 1

CAS Mix it Up have a Stencil Monoprint challenge, so the next two cards were made with that technique, though I can’t enter either of them really – definitely not CAS in my eyes, lol. It was fun, though and I’ll try it again when I get the chance. I used Brushos with the stencil.

This was the positive image.

STENCIL POSITIVE BRUSHOS

This is the negative image.

STENCIL NEGATIVE

Lastly, a journal page for Art Journal Journey’s wonderful theme,  ‘Count your blessings’.

CYB SCAN

I used the paler Oxides (Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade) with a bit of Picked Raspberry over the edges and for some of the stamping. I’m much happier with the paper in this newer journal (I’ve had it a few years, but only just cracked it open!) because they’re whiter and the colours are so much truer.

Back as soon as I can get in my Craft Room!

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Viv said...

Great set of cards here Cath , lovely water colouring too ;) Viv xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your cards always make me smile, Cath. You create wonderful cards. That first one with the birds was enchanting, the one your granddaughter helped you with was PERFECT, but those two with the positive and negative images were out of this world. Just incredible.

Of course, you know how happy I was that you chose to use my theme at Art Journal Journey to make a fabulous entry in your "new" art journal. I am thankful you shared this beauty with the big sunflower and girl watering it with us at Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

Cath you always create the most appealing cards. I love them all. I am specially in love with the first one! My favourite this time- and I loved the "every smile makes you a day younger" card. And your Blessings page is so lovely - I have one big sunflower growing straight out of rough gravel in front of my house just now. Two hours ago I made a selfie with it..and so your wonderful page reminds me of this again and brings another smile on my face..so I got at least 5 years younger now for every piece of art in your post!

Happy weekend ! Thank you for supporting our theme at Art Journal Journey!
Happy crafting my friend!
Hugs, Susi

Donna said...

Fantastic projects!!
Thanks so much for playing along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH and our silhouette challenge this week!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your cards Cath! Your journal page is really lovely - I love the cute girl that apears on your card and with those beatiful sunflowers! Hugs,Chrisx

Meggymay said...

Your card all look beautiful Cath. I also love your journal page with the sweet girl image.
Yvonne xx

Little Artbee said...

Five wonderful cards. All so different and everyone a litle Artwork. I love the rainbow coloured kite of the little girl. A nice idea from your granddaughter.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous projects love the silhouette bird image and your negative image card
Carol x

Shauna said...

What a beautiful array of cards! You have a great style aesthetic that is clear in your work. Great use of color and unique designs! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

brenda said...

Another bumper post Cath and I am so pleased I don't have to pick a favourite as it would be soooo hard as I love the floral ones not to mention that quirky image on the last.

So will concenrtrat on your PB&M entry which has a backgorund in a colour combo I love working with, in fatc I was playing background yesterday in rediness for the next CB shows, I find reparing backgrounds in advance really helps with the often tight TV schedules.

And do you know 'I Spy' a couple more 'B's' on your card, branch and blue, so that's three for the price of one! Many thanks for joining in.

B x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love the watercolor background you created for your beautiful birds, the colors are absolutely lovely.
Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Marina said...

What great cards! The one with the rainbow kite is really fun and well done was keeping it under ten minutes. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Neet said...

You are going to be missed in more ways than one. Hope you soon get back to Blogland and we can once again marvel at your creations.
The ones posted here make me happy, especially the kite one that your darling grandee helped with. Love your bird one, that makes me know it is your post and the negative one is my favourite from your Brusho time. As for your journal, so understand what you mean about the page colour making colours seem brighter - you get the true colour through and this one so depicts many blessings.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs, Neet xx

Mimi said...

Oh my... You blessed us with inspiration during last week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash! Glad you had an opportunity to craft (and post-- posting seems to be the thing I can't find time for...). Here's to more craft time, and please visit SOS again soon!

Bobby said...

What a wonderful array of cards, Cath. IMO the first monoprint is CAS enough but then I'm here to look at your card for Addicted to Stamps and More. Your little girl flying a kite is a darling image and kudos to your granddaughter for picking the kite colors. They're perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many amazing cards! The colours and stamps on your Bird Song card looks so beautiful - I love it 😁. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

Anke said...

Your cards are so beautiful and I love the first one with the birds, this is one of my favourite stamp.

Hugs
Anke