'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Good morning!  Just a brief blog entry from me this morning.

I’m honoured to have been invited to join the Design Team at Try it on Tuesday – thank you so much - and today is my ‘debut’ Winking smile 

The new theme is ‘Childhood’ and this is my offering…

HAVE FUN 1

I used a current favourite set of Carabelle stamps for the main images and a variety of word stamps over the Oxide background. The circles are stamped in Brilliance Moonlight White.

I hope you’ll be able to join us over the next two weeks – we’d love to see your take on this theme.

I haven’t been able to grab much stamping time in the last month or so because Mum is with me (she now lives in New Zealand) and I’ve had other visitors, a short break in Somerset and a weekend of babysitting my beautiful granddaughter – not to mention taking care of her during the school holidays.

I did manage a few quickies, though…Smile

This is an experiment with a stencil.…

STENCILLED FLOWERS

… and this one is a sample for Mum to take back with her and take to her stamping group over there, to make with them. I used Oxides for the inked strip and was surprised at how they affected the Versafine stamping over them – they don’t emboss as clearly as they do over dye inks. Maybe it’s because the Oxides weren’t completely dry. I’ll have to investigate that further when I get some real play time!

STRIP CARD 1

Then a couple of echinacea cards - one Penny Black stamp and one Tim Holtz - I love these flowers.

ECH GOLD 1

ECH BLUE 1

I did make another ‘Sheepz’ card for my son’s birthday, but it was so similar to the others I made, I won’t show it.

I stamped, cut out and watercoloured these Stampendous houses a while ago, so I thought I’d use them to make something. I love those sun rays (a stencil).

MY FAMILY

I think there’s a bit of a blue/violet/green theme running through most of these – you can tell they’re my favourite colours!

Stamping Sensations has a ‘Something Beginning with B’ challenge for this month, so I’d like to enter the Blue Blooms card.

I’d also like to enter the following Challenges:-

Dare 2B Artzy – Favourite Colour (Blue)

Penny Black Saturday Challenge – ATG

A Perfect Time to Craft – ATG

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – ATG

Addicted to Stamps – Make Your Mark

Thanks for looking!

Back soon(ish)

Cath

xxx

22 very kind comments from lovely people:

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Gorgeous card love the flowers Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Rosie said...

You are a master of cardmaking, dear Cath. Every card is fantastic.

So glad that you are here at TIOT

Mrs.B said...

Welcome to TioT's Cath and a wonderful debut card.
You may not have had much crafting time, but you've managed to create a fabulous array of cards, love them all, especially the blue cone flowers.
Avril xx

brenda said...

You really have saved up a treat for us Cath and well done on the DT spot, will looks forward to you sharing your work. Each and every one of these shares is lovlely in it's own way from the striking black and bue on the top card to the floral delights. And I am loving in particaulat the vibrant oranges with the PB stamp, it's one I have and never been overly happy with what I've done with it so far.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

A big welcome! I'm so happy that you joined our design team at Try it on Tuesday and your card is beautiful! I love the oxide background with the Brilliance ink and those Carabelle Studio images are perfect 😁. Wishing you a lovely time with your mum, I'm sure that the crafting group will love the card you made! Your echinacea cards are so pretty too. Enjoy all that you have planned! Creative wishes! J 😊 x

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely set of cards!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Meggymay said...

Welcome to the TioT's gang Cath, we are so pleased you agreed to join us all.
You have made some fabulous cards in your limited time with the family staying. The Carabelle mages you used for the first one are super and I also love the one with the blue flowers.
Yvonne xx

Lin said...

Congrats on your new DT gig, and thank you for sharing your work with us - I love those blue coneflowers!! So glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Joan said...

Lovely to have you on the team Cath and a fab card for your childhood challenge piece. Love your other cards too especially the flower ones. You do have some lovely wording stamps too.

Joan x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooooh Cath! It really is great that you are part of TIOT now and what a great card to start with! I love those Carabelle images! You look to have been very productive too despite your family commitments! I especially love the two Echinacea cards! Hugs, Chrisxx

froebelsternchen said...

Big big welcome to TIOT's family Cath! I am so glad to have you as a teamie now!
What a wonderful array of cards! You are simply a master! You never cease to amaze with your designs and techniques! Big hugs, Susi

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Another wonderful selection of cards Cath and I’m really pleased that you’ve shared your beautiful blue blooms with us. I really like the layout of your card and the stencilling really compliments the image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

hazel said...

Congratulations Cath on your new DT post, your card is fabulous as are the rest of your cards.
xxx Hazel.

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful group of cards and Congrats! Thanks for playing in our monthly challenge! DT Member Pam

Marjut said...

Beautiful cards and welcome to TIOT!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Congrats on your DT position over at TioT Cath, love all those chosen words on your card along with all those other beautiful creations.
Thank you for sharing.
Creative wishes Tracey.

pinky said...

Such a beautiful selection of cards!! Well done on your new dt spot! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Little Artbee said...

A wonderful card for the childhood theme at TIOT. Blut all the following cards a re also very nice and good designed. I like all what you did.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Anke said...

Wonderful cards, Cath. And congrat to your DT position.

Hugs
Anke

Rika said...

such a stunning set of cards!

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Awesome card designs!!! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy September Challenge! -Tasha ☺

Helen said...

What a fabulous selection of cards! Love the florals!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

PS - I've just picked up that Stampendous house set, so thanks for the inspiration!