'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Oops! I missed this morning’s post – so sorry Sad smile

It’s Week 2 at Try it on Tuesday and we’re continuing our theme of ‘Childhood’. I journalled a page…

EVERY BREATH 1

… using my new (to me) Unity Stamps again. It’s a very simple page, with white stencilling and a few water droplets, using three colours of Oxides. The grass is a  bit heavy but I struggled to find the time to play. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it Winking smile

We’d love you to join us in this challenge – children images are so much fun to play with!

I’ve been making rainbows! After showing Mum how easy the Oxides are to blend, I ended up with a few backgrounds to play with, so I made these cards with them.

RAINBOW LOVE

This one was made with the Impression Obsession Challenge (Rainbows) in mind, but I changed my mind about the words I was using at the last minute and didn’t use the IO words I intended to, so it’s no longer eligible.The image is from IO but the words are from a UK company, whose name I’ll add in later, when I can remember…

RAINBOW FORGIVEN

This one was made with an ‘Autumn’ challenge in mind.

RAINBOW SHROOMS

I spotted this stamp – along with some others – on someone’s blog and had to have this one!  It’s a Sheena stamp, though I confess I’ve done my best to remove the sketch lines around and through the images – a bit too much à la Tim Holtz ‘Blueprints’ for me.

Isn’t he gorgeous?

HARE 1

Last but not least, a little Bible Journalling I was inspired to do after reading Psalm 16, yesterday. I used my own basic lettering, so it isn’t brilliant but I love the verse, so I’m happy with it.

PSALM 16

I’d like to enter the following challenges:-

Creates and Makes ATG

Through the Craft Room Door ATG

Moo Mania Circles

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Stamp on it!

Elliebelle’s Challenge, Signs of Autumn

Artistic Inspirations ATG

Use Your Stuff, Animals

Word Art Wednesdays ATG

Dare 2B Artsy Favourite Colours (sorry – I can’t choose one colour,so I’m entering a Rainbow – I just love colour!

That’s all for now – phone call interrupted my blogging, so I need to get this done before I turn into a pumpkin!

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

16 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

This post is a real joy Cath, the stencil you used on the first is such a great idea for giveing the appearance of the wind blowing her hair.

Of course I love all the rainbow colours of the next three cards, the Hare is a beauty and then the journal page with the Digitalis which after Poppies are my favourite flowers.

B x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful post Cath, so many beautiful and inspirational art projects.
I love your fantastic journal pages as well.
Thank you for sending me one of your beautiful cards to me for my Birthday, I loved it.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards Cath and I love the rainbow backgrounds you created.
That hare is fantastic and it's a lovely background.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Fabulous post Kath, love all the rainbow colour backgrounds and the lovely hare.

Joan

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful posting full of so beautiful art ! You are a pro with your stamos and designs! My favourite is the hare card - precious!
So happy you joined us at Moo Mania & More as well! Much appreciated!Thank you dear Cath!
Enjoy your next visitor!
Happy September!
Hugs, Susi

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Cath there's so much loveliness to take in, each one so beautiful what a treat for us all. Thank you so much for sharing these inspiring creations.
Creative wishes Tracey.

Rosie said...

A gorgeous collection of cards, Cath.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

hazel said...

More beautiful cards Cath, I love them all.
xxx Hazel.

Tammy L said...

These are just stunning page and cards! Your work is really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at UYS this week and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful group of card everyone of them is beautiful!Thanks for joining the Dare 2B Artzy challenge DT member Pam

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, beautiful artwork and those rainbow cards are stunning 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Amanda said...

Very well done! These are unique and beautiful!Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful work, but I'm here to comment on your hare, which I think is amazing, love the colours and the background, also a great sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith TTCRD DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing assortment of creations. Loving each one, so artistic with all the gorgeous colors and stamps!
Thank you so much for playing along this month at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday and sharing your gorgeous Autumn themed card!

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Awesome projects! Your backgrounds are fantastic; love all the colors!!! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy September Challenge! -Tasha ☺

Neet said...

Was sure I had commented on ths post. Lovely cards but the journal page is truly atmospheric and wonderful.
Hugs, Neet xx