'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 15 September 2018

Some people I know would say I’m good at ‘making a scene’ but that aside, I made a simple scene for the challenge at Allsorts, using Oxides and Inkylicious stamps. I used to stamp a lot of scenes, but I haven’t been doing many lately, so maybe it’s time to start again…

STAMPED SCENE 1

I was browsing my downloaded ‘Ideas’ folder and came across a partially masked card, so I had to give it a go. I suppose this is a sort of scene, too, but not quite what I understood from the challenge. It was fun to make.

BREATHE DEEPLY

Back to rainbows… Smile

I’ve been playing with more rainbows but I thought I’d do a comparison of Oxides and Distress Inks, so here’s how I started… I just swiped these three colours on my craft mat (I have a glass one beneath my non stick mat).

These are the Oxides.

Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean

OXIDES MAT

 I then spritzed with water

DISTRESS INKS WATER

Distress Inks

OXIDES WATER

Oxides

I then smooshed (technical term) a piece of cardstock in each – a different one for each, just in case you misunderstand… Winking smile

In the interest of science, I used both plain (hammered) card and watercolour paper, so I could compare them.

Here are two of the results on watercolour paper – the first one is Distress Inks, the second is Oxides.

BEAUTY OF NATURE 1  AMAZING RAINBOW 1

DAY FULL OF POSSIBILITIES

Distress Inks again, on watercolour card.

There will be more to follow…

Then I decided just to swipe the inks directly onto the cardstock/paper.

This is the result in one of my journals.

       DISTRESS INKS JOURNAL  OXIDES JOURNAL

Distress inks on the left, Oxides on the right.

Two cards made in the same way…

AUTUMN TREES

This one’s Distress inks on hammered card (spattered with inks).

I only added the white pen because the trees almost disappeared in the strong colour – it spoils it, really.

This one is on watercolour paper and is Oxides – shamelessly cased from a Pinterest post I saw ages ago. I love the result!

PRAYERS BUTTERFLY RAINBOW PHOTO 2

That’s enough for now…

I’d like to enter the following challenges:-

Crafty Creations, Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesdays, Anything Goes

Creative Moments, Anything Goes

Happy Little Stampers Watercolor, ATG + butterfly

Sorry for the overload…

Back soon

Thanks for looking

Cath

xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

Ellibelle said...

Your scenes are absolutely beautiful and such gorgeous colors! Great comparison too, I will be getting some oxides soon.
So happy you decided to join us this week at Allsorts challenge with your beautiful cards!

Joy Wilson said...

What beautiful cards. I especially love your scenes and ink blending. Thanks for joining us and good luck
Hugs, Joy
Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com
Cr

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous selection of cards and I especially like the ones where you’ve smooshed the inks in the background, the colours are beautiful x

brenda said...

I am so pleased we got you back to scenic creation Cath and more than one of these would fit our Allsorts theme this week, the first one has such a peaceful look and then I am pulled towards the rainbow colours so fair to say I can't pick a fav today. But so please to see you joining in, many thanks.
#B x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Nice card



Thanks for joining us at Creative moments



Hugs

Claudia

DT Creative Moments

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.be

Meggymay said...

Beautiful cards and scenes Cath. It looks like you had fun experimenting with the inks as well. Did you have a favourite result?
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

great cards, love the rainbow look. Not done any scenic stamping for ages. Must dig out some and have a go.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards and love the rainbow ones
Carol x

froebelsternchen said...

Beautiful cards and scenes Cath. You are so taented with colours and design! Gorgeous!

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous scenes Cath and thanks for sharing the process of your playtime with the rainbows.
Avril xx

BożenA said...

So many beautiful cards in one post! It was a busy day :-) I love your rainbows, each one so different. Amazing creations
Thank you for joining our challenge at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor.
BożenA DT HLS

pearshapedcrafting said...

What brilliant cards! I loved seeing the results of your experiments! Hugs,Chrisx

Helen said...

Your backgrounds are just beautiful, Cath! All your cards are so eye-catching and yet so simple. You have certainly been very busy. Thanks for all the comparatives. Thanks so much for joining us over at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month.