'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 21 September 2018

Hello all!  Just grabbing a few minutes while waiting for my next round of visitors. They’ll arrive later tonight, so before I go AWOL again, I thought I’d better show you my latest cards.

It’s Autumn and what a contrast in the weather!  Here in the North West, we’ve been buffeted by very strong winds and lots of rain, although I’m very thankful it’s been much milder here than it was over in Ireland and Scotland and even in other parts of the North West in the last few days.

I love Autumn colours and particularly love leaves and trees, so I couldn’t help but be inspired by the glorious colours around me.

I’ve used a variety of leaf stamps on this card, and a variety of Autumn shades, ending with gold crackle, to give that warm, autumn glow. I used Oxides but I did a little stamping and edged the main card with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and also used a bit of Rusty Hinge – it gives a lovely warmth to the other shades. (I have to admit to being disappointed by the Oxide, particularly because I was really looking forward to its arrival).

AUTUMN COLOURS 1

I then had a change and used one of my precious pear stamps – an old Stampers Anonymous image I hadn’t yet tried with the Oxides. The results were mixed – needs more work Winking smile

PEARS PEARS PEARS

This next one isn’t very Autumnal, but the colours are…and I had fun making it. It’s an old Lost Coast stamp – about 8 years old.

BUTTER WOULD NOT MELT 1

The next one was on a background I made with Mum…

PINK MARMALADE

…and this is an attempt to introduce some sunshine.

fairythistles1

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back soon with some more – only one more week to go… Smile

I’d like to enter these challenges:-

Make My Monday, Autumn Colours

Back to Basics and Beyond, Inky Backgrounds

Crafty Creations, Anything Goes

Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday, Autumn

Retro Rubber, School

Crafty Cardmakers, Autumn Colours

Dragonfly Journeys, Autumn/Autumn Colours

Thanks for looking.

Back soon

Cath

xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous collection love all the beautiful stamps,sentiments and brilliant backgrounds.
We are North East and had a really bad night with the strong winds but as you say a lot easier than everyone else got!!!
Carol x

brenda said...

The weather is much the same here Cath, but as you say some parts have had it really bad sop we are lucking in the respect.

I always lovely working with and seeing Autumnal colours although not so keen on the cooler days that go with this lovely time of year. Your cards really readiate the warmth of the season. The creation with the pears is I think my favourite from this post, although the Lavinia pods come a close second, there again the one at the top.............

B x

marilyn said...

What a lovely surprise to see one of my all time favorite stamps...THE PEAR! Still looking good after all these years..nice to see it resurface. Personal favorite is your card with "sunshine"! I'm in the SF Bay Area and summer is still here, and I'm a great fan of sun! I do like autumn colors though and it's beautiful leaf colors.

Marlene Atkinson said...

So Cute. Hope to see you again. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Challenge. Marlene

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

All of these cards are quite wonderful. My favorite is the pears with the text over them. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Cath, love the autumn colours on your first card and the Lost Coast image of that little girl is fabulous.
Love the 'sunshine' card, so cheerful.
Avril xx

Ellibelle said...

So many wonderful creations with the amazing fall colors!
Thank you so much for joining in this month at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday challenge!

hazel said...

Beautiful autumnal cards Cath, the colours are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Beautiful cards! Love the Autumnal one entered into our Challenge! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all wonderful Cath! I especially love the quote on the first one! Chrisx

Jeannie said...

Hi Cath! Oh my these are all gorgeous and too hard to choose a favorite, but I think I'm leaning toward the one with the Pears. Thanks so much for joining my Fall Festival of Colors blog challenge. A winner will be chosen tonight ~ Good Luck :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cazro said...

A fabulous Autumn card, I do like the background and the sentiment is perfect. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond, Caz. DT.

Nandini said...

Very beautiful cards. Love the colours. Great to see you at the Make My Monday challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT