'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 1 September 2019

Hellooooo!!! Yes, I'm still here - honestly. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I've had a difficult few weeks/months... but I have made a few cards and even got to finish a couple of them today, so I'm happy 😀

This is one I started ages ago, when I was making my last Paperartsy  'efilump' card and stamped several of them to use later. Unfortunately,, me being me, what started out as a CAS card acquired a dotty background - of necessity. I don't know how I so often manage to get marks on my beautiful white card, but I do -  more times than I can count - but fortunately - now - I just laugh and use it another way. So on this one I just stencilled various coloured dots and circles. Although I did prefer it CAS, I don't think it's too bad. My blog title is no mistake - I spend most of my life with inky fingers!

 I love these words and have been trying to get them from a certain company for months and months - possibly for more than a year - but seem to miss them every time I get an email to tell me they're back in stock. I was delighted when I spotted some very similar words by another company AND that one was IN stock, lol - and much cheaper. 

Penny Black and More's September Challenge is Animals, so I'm happy to be able to play along with them - I have no doubt I'll be back if I get to stamp again this month... I love quirky animal stamps 😉


This one was borne out of frustration because I just wasn't managing to get to play very much at all. I decided to use a background from my basket and use up some of the many die cuts I have lying around. I love the idea of some dies, but then rarely use them because I still find it hard. It almost feels like cheating, even though I know it takes a lot of skill to use them well! It's a very simple card, but I'm afraid it had to be on this particular day. I did add some smooshed oxides and spattered some water drops to create added interest - I think the card was made with Brushos. I then quickly coloured the daisy stems with Oxides, glued them in place and stamped a very simple sentiment. I did layer the petals on the centre flower, but not very successfully...they would've looked much better if I'd used some thin foam tape, but I was keeping it simple, with the aim of actually completing the card! 
 Just realised I used the same shade (or similar) as the previous card...that was accidental, but it is a favourite of mine.

I stamped a Celtic script (Chapel Road Art Stamps) background first, using Oxides, before adding the die cuts.


This was another 'one I made earlier' background, made with Ecoline inks when I was doing some backgrounds for 'A Riot of Colour' swap on KCUK. I just stamped these elegant flowers over it, then added more circle stamping and some colour to complete .It's not often I use yellow as a main colour!.


Although they're very stylised flowers, I'm going to link to Stamping Sensations' Anything Goes with Flowers challenge
and also to Friendship Challenges' Circles challenge.

My last card is using one of my favourite little girl stamps - isn't she cute? The background is Oxides with a bit of stencilling...a lovely, warm colour combo. I think I was influenced by Paperartsy Blog's current theme of 'shrooms'...but again, I was just trying to keep it simple and even so, it took me a few days to complete!  The borders are a Dylusions border I stamped, cut out and edged in black. 


I'm happy to link this one to the Creatalicious Anything Goes (with optional humour) challenge.


Thank you so much for calling in today...



I'll be back soon(ish)



Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

So nice to see you Cath, I was thinking about you just the other day and was going to pop over to check you out but you know how that worked out don't you! Like you been a bit AWAL, sometimes like just gets in the way.

A lovely display as always and I just love that Elephany and sentiment - please do tell where you found it as I 'need' it. And nice to read you used Ecolione inks on one of the backgrounds, I recently got mine out of 'storage', had them for years since I demoed them on C&C once but they never really took off in those days, it was far too messy for most peeps, how things change.

Stylised flowers are good, we love any variety especially when they are beautifully bold and vivid. Lovely to see you back in action and joining us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More, many thanks.

B x

theras kartenblog said...

Hi, your "shine Light"-Card looks wonderful. I like the design and the colours so much. Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad to see you back in blogland. I was starting to worry about you. All of your cards are stunning. I've said this before. After seeing your incredible cards that can easily be mailed, you now know why I don't make cards. These are simply wonder-liscious.

My name is Erika. said...

It is good to see some cards and to read that I am not the only one who gets spots on places they don't belong. These are fabulous cards Cath. Not so good to hear that things haven't been easy, but hope you are coping and things improve for you. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read that things haven't been going well for you Cath, I hope all goes well for you now.
It is a fantastic selection of cards you shared today.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

I hope things are looking up and continuing to get better for you. These cards are all just delightful! I couldn't pick a favorite though I do love that quote on the first card and get your determination to have it:) Thanks for sharing, and be well!

Kathleen said...

A really great set of cards. Love the super fun elephant, by the look on his face he is up to mischief. Lovely subtle background and a great sentiment. Thank you for joining our 'Animal' challenge at Penny Black and More.

Kath x

froebelsternchen said...

All of your cards are simply stunning.
Oh yes , life comes in the way so often. The same to me just now, simply no time for art and blogging.

Big hugs, Susi

María said...

I hope everything is OK now Cath, I've missed your posts these days it's fantastic to see your cards, these ones you've made are great, full of colour and very original, hugs.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Cath,
deine Karten sind alle wunderschön gestaltet. Die Karte mit den Kreisblumen passt hervorragend zu unserer Challenge bei den Friendships. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme. Liebe Grüße Silvi

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

It's lovely to see you back with us Cath and I hope that everything's okay. This is a bright and cheerful card and the flowers are very unusual. I really like your background and the yellow brings us all a little sunshine. Thank you for joining us in our 'Anything Goes With Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Cath! Good to see you back on the blog - thanks for leaving the comment on my dolly card and loved hearing about your wanting a Chatty Cathy but bummer you didn't get one. I love every one of these cards, you have utilized your backgrounds perfectly. That elephant melts my heart with those eyes, lol. xoxox

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear things have been difficult for you and hope life is getting better for you.Love all your cards and the shine light one is brilliant-love it
Carol x

Sally H said...

It is lovely to see you back Cath, and with a wonderful array of creations! I love your stylised flowers and bright colours - so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for our floral theme at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

Dreja said...

Super schön gemacht.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Friendship Challenge.
LG Dreja

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional humour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…