'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 17 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp Monday's Challenge this week is All Things Pink, while Penny Black and More's Challenge is Pretty in Pink... so I made an all pink card, also using Spots and Stripes, to fit this week's challenge at Allsorts.

I used a stencil for the stripes, a stamp for the spots (the stamp's a bit wide, but it's also created striped spots 😊), using Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks, with a touch of Versafine Clair pink, which I don't like...but it is pink! The 2 part flower stamps have a solid image, but I stamped it, and the outside, in Victorian Velvet Distress Oxide, expecting it to emboss...but the Distress Inks picked up the EP instead... I quite like it, though. I also added a touch of Promarker to the petals and used it for the stems. I used a toning card for the mount (sorry the scanner can't seem to pick that up) and a Spun Sugar shade for the actual card, so the only thing that isn't pink is the sentiment.
Day of the Month Club's current challenge is Anything Goes, in honour of World Cardmaking Day, October 5th and
Time Out's challenge is to make something Encouraging.

Thank  you for calling in...
I'll be back soon
Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a stunning card! I love the design and the pink colour palette looks so delicate - beautiful 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Ellibelle said...

Such a pretty card. Love the placement of the dots and stripes. A great design. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges!
Ellibelle's Corner

Meggymay said...

A really pretty card Cath.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh nice pink Cath. I like how you overlaid the dots and flowers. It makes fantastic layering and makes those flowers really pop. It makes a great thank you card. Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A very different card for your Cath but very pretty in the soft and subtle colours and that's a really delicate stencil, perfect for our 'Spots and/or Stripes' theme at Allsorts and 'Pretty in Pink' theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in at both.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would never thought this was by you, dear Cath. It is so different from your normal full color work. Regardless, I love it and another reason why I don't make cards. They would pale in comparison to yours.

papierelle said...

A beautiful card tone on tone. And I especially like the CAS style!
Thank you so much for joining with us at DotMCC.
Gundi

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card CAS too love it
Carol x

Linda on the Prairie said...

Lovely card! I am moving toward monochrome lately. May I ask what toning card is? Also, who makes the dot stamp? This is just such an appealing image.

Neet said...

I rarely use either Spun Sugar or Victorian Velvet as i find them so pale they hardly show. Obviously I am doing something wrong because you have used them and they look lovely.
I take my hat off to you for using the stencil and the stamp in that way - they look as if they are meant to be together and create interest down the left hand side of the card. Obviously a skilful use of both!
A lovely card Cath, not one that I would have picked out as being yours so that shows just how very versatile you are.
Hugs, Neet xx

hazel said...

A lovely card Cath.
xxx Hazel.

froebelsternchen said...

This is another unique pure beauty design by Cath! I love love love your style ... such an variety and ever single one is a feast for the eye! Always!
Happy weekend !

María said...

This card is great, I like how you've played with the different pink tones and that CAS desing, great job. Hugs.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a pretty card - love the tone-on-tone! Thank you for playing with us at DotMCC - come back next month, too!

Caty said...

this is a Wonderful card Cath !! Love the pink design, and love the contrast with the sentiment. Really Amazing !
Wish you a very nice Thursday, big hugs,
Caty

Rosmarie said...

Love these beautiful flowers and the different pink shades you used for! The strips and dots and the black sentiment are a perfect balance to the flowers! Thank you so much for playing with us at DotMCC. Rosi x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely card!I dread to think how many inky marks there would be on this if I attempted this design! Hugs, Chrisx