'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 1 October 2019

It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at 


For this one we are asking for your interpretation of

Animal Magic

You have until the 14th October to enter, using your preferred style and medium to celebrate some of our animal friends. 

We look forward to visiting your blogs.
The Design Team have some fab creations to inspire you over on the Try it on Tuesday blog, so don't forget to have a look!

Mine is pretty predictable given the fact that I tend to use these animals every chance I get - even for Christmas!  I will try to make another few cards or do some journalling over the next couple of weeks... this one is very 'busy'...

I used Dylusions paints for the background - Turquoise and Lime - but try as I might, the scanner just wouldn't pick up the true colours...  the darker green is Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide. I painted the balloons with Dylusions, too.

It's only in French because that's the name of a widely available French cheese spread, La Vache Qui Rit , though you can now buy it over here as Laughing Cow (triangles).  It is loosely based on a journal page I saw (Sorry, I'll have to get the link later). Words created with a labeller.

I'm happy to be playing in the following challenges:-

Allsorts, Boys to men (made for a cheese loving man)

Simon Says Stamp on Wednesdays, Anything Goes

Always Fun Art Challenges, Anything Goes


Thank you so much for visiting today

Back Soon

Cath
xxx

24 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Ha=ha-those are funniest animals. You make the best cards Cath! Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! It's such a fun scene with the cheecky animals and the colours - amazing 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x
p.s. I can't make the Happy Stampers festival this week as the dates clashed with other commitments, maybe next year ...lol 😉. Thanks again! Jo x

Rosie said...

A funny card, love it

María said...

This card is super funny and I understand you use these animals a lot they're great I love them.

Hugs, María

Mrs.B said...

It's a fabulous card using those fun animals and the little scene is perfect and not too busy and perfect in those colours too.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Cath! After a bit of a stressful time this made me laugh! Another funeral to attend on Friday so I am really looking forward to Happy Stampers - sorry you won't be there! Hugs, Chrisx

Linby said...

Such a fun card - great make.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous fun image, super background and great colours. Thank you for joining our 'Boys to Men' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and fabulous fun image
Carol x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Thanks for stepping by me blog and letting me know that you enjoy my little collaboration With Darnell! I am glad I came by your now - what a treat! That cow for sure is laughing and basking in her success. Maybe Darnell could write up a story about his card???? I am sure she would come up with something hilarious! Do you know the Katzelkraft facebook group? You should show your card there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1508210886068969/

froebelsternchen said...

Such a fun and fabulous card Cath.I loved this triangle french cheese as I still ate cheese.
Happy TioT!
Susi xxx

brenda said...

Isn't this just so much fun Cath, lovely bright and vibrant colours even if your scanner didn't do as you wanted, but the images with the balloons standing on the podium can't help but raise a smile on the face of the recipient.

Many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Boys to Men' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

hazel said...

A fun card Cath, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Joan said...

What hilarious animals! Love your laughing cow

Joan

Caty said...

Wowwwww Love your so sunny card Cath !! Great and so clever, adorable this cow.... la vache qui rit.... du fromage !! very good cheese ! Amazing
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugss
Caty

Mervi said...

Brilliant and fun card, I just love it!

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Meggymay said...

I think you realise how I love these fun images, its a fantastic card Cath.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Hilarious! Love the expressions of all the podium winners... and the words are so funny.
Alison x

pinky said...

Cath I just love this bright, cheerful, quirky card!! It's so cool!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hee hee.. they always raise a smile do those stamps Cath, love the Cow. Great spread (no pun intended..!) I can see why you use them all year round, it's great to have go to stamps in our collection like these.
Wishing you a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Marjut said...

I like this fun card, fantastic!

Neet said...

Oh Cath - this is absolutely fantastic. As I read through the blog post I wondered what I was going to see and what an absolute delight it was. This is one of my favourite cards which reminds me so much of a journal page. If only I could produce something like that in my journal I would be thrilled to bits.
It is colourful and fun, great composition composed of wonderful characters and the balloons are an inspired addition and I simply love the little rat in the bottom corner.
My cheese triangle will rind me of this from now onwards.
Thanks for hugs, Neet xxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Mad Love for that card! It's the CHEESIEST! haha You've every right to favor those animal stamps, I'd think you were strange if you didn't! TIOT's theme, though. Animal Magic, is this only magic animals or any animals. I just made a halloween tag with some huge bats on it, should I enter it? I'm confused. LOL No, really. Help a sistah out! ;-) xoxox

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love this animal stamp and the cow just cracks me up! :) Great colouring x