'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 27 July 2020

Good evening 😀
How are  you? I hope all is well where you are, despite all the sad news we're bombarded with.
I'm back again... I'm just going to plough through some of the stuff I've been making over the last few weeks or so.

We had a music mingle on KCUK, and this was the card I was thinking of using. I had intended doing a concertina type arched booklet, but got to wondering if this would work as a folded card - and it did - but thinner dies don't cut through thicker card well, so it isn't something I'll be doing often. I sent it as a birthday card.


This was for the last mingle in June, which was 'I'll drink to that' - or similar. It's a variation of another I made, which was very socially distanced...this one has the cake, so it's a bit more interesting if you like cake - which I'm not keen on 😉
I made this one yesterday. I'd already made the background, with my VI stencil and thought it would go perfectly with the Katzelcraft 'Zoisos'. She looks as if she's well and truly 'gobsmacked' as we would say... as if life's been absolutely crazy...sound familiar?
I'm ashamed to say I've had those words for over 15 years and never used them once 😞
In my defence, I just didn't seem to have the right images and although I even bought a (cheap) roller coaster die to go with them, I didn't really like it... but I LOVE the words! I loved most of the Inkadinkado 'children's' words but this one made me giggle. They're not easy to cut up because of the way they're written, so I decided to use artistic licence and just go with it.

This one I made just for fun... and, again, I love the words 😊
And this is the Music Mingle I did use... sorry I have to post a few photos to show it as it is...
I can't remember what the folded card is called... I saw one on a friend's blog - though hers was better, with a little concertina on it - then just happened across a video and thought I'd try it out. So that's why I used it for the mingle. This is the front.

This is how it looks half folded...

...and lying flat.
It wasn't easy to get the colours accurate, so the top two are photos. The scan dulls the colours, which is a shame. It was fun to make, though looking at it I'm annoyed I didn't plan it better before jumping in ...It was my prototype really, and I already have ideas for next time 😊

Linking to
Dragonfly Dreams, No Patterned Paper
Alphabet Challenge, H for Hungry - food (cake)
Mix it Up, ATG, Optional Technique (lots of stencilling)
Stamping Sensations, All Creatures Great and Small
Country View Challenges, Do More of What Makes You Happy
(In my case, that's playing around with colour 😁)

Thanks for calling in
Stay Safe!
Back soon
Cath
xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection-you don't like cake???Brilliant colourfulconcertin card and love the snarky cat keep debating whether or not to butlol-Just questioned the computer as showing the 27th and I said the 27th is Monday and its Sunday today??? Losing the plot!!!
Carol x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

These cards are all stunning. I thought the second one was my favourite but oh my goodness, the last one is amazing! The colours look fabulous and the fold that you've used works perfectly with the music stamps, I love it! I've been way behind with my blogging and commenting of late but it's always an absolute joy to visit your blog, your artwork is stunning, what more can I say. Take care and keep on doing what you do:) x

My name is Erika. said...

These are fun Cath. I especially like the funny bird and the rollercoaster quote. I remember those stamps. They are fantastic and I am glad you brought yours back to life. The concertina book is fabulous! Hope all is well and stay healthy. Hugs-Erika

María said...

All these cards are awesome, I love the backgrounds you've made and the sentiment of the one with the cat is fantastic I love and the one with the bird is adorable. Thanks for showing us your creations. Hugs, María.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such great cards! Love the tea and cake one!! Who wouldn't want those "good ole days" back! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Neet said...

Looking forward to seeing your "next time" card already if it is for the group. This one was a stunner and I only saw it kind of open but not as much as your flat photo - ab fab is what I would say!
Love that little bird, what an amazing expressive face! Have we really had those words from the children so long? Love them and still bring them out - they need more airing to be honest.
Cannot believe anyone does not like cake. I made a Victoria Sandwich the other day and am so looking forward to cutting into it. It does look good, hope it tastes so - but even if you don't like cake your card is wonderful - great colouring of the ladies.
Yo0ur dancer, well what can one say about that background? You know how much I love your backgrounds, I would love to be able to produce something like this - it is utterly gorgeous and the card is fantastic! Lucky recipient!
Hugs, Neet xx


brenda said...

A wonderful array of colour and designs Cath, you know how much I love crafting with colour.......it lifts our spirits and makes us happy......so love each and every one of these. The soft and peaceful feel of the Ballerina to the vibrancy and happy fun feeling of the last, each one a joy to see, thank you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to join us at Stamping Sensations challenge again, always lovely to have you join in.

Not been up to much crafting for 2/3 weeks as you know, but yesterday I die cut a couple of dozen tags and today I am hoping Lavinia Fairies will be making their way onto them. I love making these to add in with prizes when they are sent.

In the very early weeks of my entry into blogland over eleven years ago I won a stamp (without knowing what I was actually doing by commenting) and when it arrived the lady sent a tiny handmade card with it which I thought was such a lovely idea, hence the tradition started.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Cath just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Sue said...

What a brilliant set of cards Cath! They are all fabulous but I really love your colourfull musical one. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Each card and tag are amazing with detail and design. Sometimes things just sit around until that perfect project comes along. Thanks for joining us at MIUCB
Tina dt