'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 19 July 2020

My goodness! When I looked at how long it is since I last blogged, I was horrified. It's not as if I'm not being creative - I am - but I just haven't blogged. I've had some days where I wasn't able to but for now, I can and so I will share a few bits I've been making.

Unusually, I haven't used flowers for a while, until this morning... when I used a very simple design for this Sympathy card. They're never a joy to make and always a challenge because I like to keep them very CAS.

I seem to have an awful lot of WIPs hanging around, so I'll probably end up completing a large number all on the same day or two. I've been painting and background creating, which is always lots of fun. 
I made this for my (7 year old) granddaughter - if she ever gets it 😊 
I had so much fun making the background and trying to create a magical effect with interference acrylic paints and inks, with touches of sparkle. 
Always difficult to capture on camera, though...

 

Neet shamed me (by showing a pic of some images she was working on) into getting out these stampsI had had for a ridiculously long time but never used... do I used one of my super duper long (approx 9") tag dies and created a background for these two I had coloured in readiness.
and this one I also decided I MUST use.

I love these girls, but their eyes are so SAD! I actually altered her lips and eyes slightly on the one above, which added a little life, but I really felt their sad expressions getting to me and it's put me off them.
So I thought I'd finish with a little bit of whimsy. Someone called these girls cute - I don't think they are. They're plain weird, with their flower eyes...in fact, they remind me of the Borg (old Star Trek fan) and that's probably what drew me to them! But they are cute in some ways, I know...I think it's the accompanying words I love, and the fact that they go so well with the images, although I know they could go with anything. I love this background. These are definitely 'feel good' colours for me.
 I have lots more to show you but I think this is enough for now. I need to get my baby brother's birthday card finished and in the post today...he's in NZ, so it has a long way to go!

Linking to...
Inkspirational Challenges, Painting or Colouring
Not Just Cards, Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenges, Anything Goes

Stay safe everyone!
Back soon
Cath
xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and backgrounds and I do agree about them looking so sad!But the image on the last one I think quirky rather than weird actually reminds me a little od Coraline with the button eyes lol
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

Glad to see you back Cath! I've missed your cards. You have some super images. I'm not familiar with some of them so it is exciting to see them. Hope to see you back soon. And happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Crafting Queen said...

All wonderful creations, love the tag.

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Cath, super images and backgrounds, and your grand daughter will love that card.
I'm afraid I'm a terrible blogger at the moment and what little time I have, I've spent it getting the creative mojo back in order!
Avril xx

DVArtist said...

Ohhh Cath it is good to see you. Your art is just magical. Full of color and happiness.

Dawn said...

Now you've said it, I can see the Borg-ness! Hee resistance is futile!! I've not seen this one with the skipping rope and the whimsy girls are new to me too, I was wondering where they were from? Welcome back to the world of blogging please come back soon 😘xx

brenda said...

Hi Cath,

A rather belated thank you for my pretty card and stamps - what a kind lady as no idea what I did to deserve them!! Apols it's taken me so long to acknowledge but still very slow going here while they try and get to the bottom of things.

B x

María said...

Fantastic cards, I love the backgrounds you've made they're awesome, my favourite card is the one for you granddaugther I'm sure she is going to love it, it's beautiful. Hugs, María.

Joan said...

You have been busy Cath, love all your cards and I'm very taken with the little lady in the last one, love her flower eyes


Joan

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeousness, all of it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin', so glad you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Cath, first may I say thank you so much for all the lovely comments you left me last week, the new blogger had hidden them with no notification heading my way so it was a nice surprise to suddenly find them, a glitch I hope has now been repaired.
What a lovely selection you have given us today, Flowers look even more beautiful in the CAS style and isn't Tracy Easson a marvelous artist, I like to think of her girls as deep in thought rather than sad hee hee.. You should link up with the Paperbabe Stamps Challenge when ever you can it would be lovely to see you over there.
I am guilty of not blogging as often as I would like, care duties have taken priority more than ever recently and getting anything out has been a struggle but i'm on a mission to try better. Take care & stay very safe, will catch up with you again very soon..
Creative wishes Tracey xx

Jackie C said...

A fantastic collection!
Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Caty said...

Wowww Your cards are simply Amazing Cath !! Loove them, so unique and special all. Great backgrounds and wonderful colours. Love the sentiments. This tag is so beautiful.
I hope your are enjoying the summer, and I wish you a great weekend,
Stay safe and big hugs
Caty

Shauna said...

Wow! Such beautiful designs! I love your artsy style and the vivid colors and unique techniques that you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Neet said...

Me? Did you mean me? Well I never. Now I wonder what I was doing at the time?
Glad you made these cards though and the one for your grand daughter is delightful, she will love that, I can just imagine her face when she opens it.
I love those girl stamps you use, yes they do look sad bnut there is something about them that appeals to me - who makes them? I am sure I have asked before and not done anything about it but you make the most lovely cards with them. Love the long hair they have, it's how I would like mine if I was (ahem, not saying how many years) younger! That is a gorgeous green on the tag too.
Know what you mean about the Janet Klein stamps - I just fell in love with them and am so upset as the order seems to be lost in the mail although I have been assured there is still time for them to come. Anyway, you have made a lovely card with her and I do find her quite cute.
Love all your work - Hugs & God Bless, Neet xx