'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Hello 😀
Just catching up with some of my recent playtimes. I've been having fun and when I'm feeling creative it makes me reticent to 'break the spell' in order to blog...how sad is that?

Still using up some of my recent Ecoline backgrounds - in fact, I made these before I made the book I posted last week. They're just very simple, plain but colourful backgrounds, featuring those gorgeous Janet Klein images. I love these words and the images make me smile when I'm using them.

This is an Oxide background. It looks almost hazy compared to the one above but it isn't in real life.

This one was just a quick playtime with the stamp, which I love. Again, it's a simple Oxide background.

This is one of those cards we all dislike making, but it just has to be done. This one was for the sister of an ex-colleague.  

And this one I've just finished. It's mainly acrylic paints, but with some Oxides thrown in for good measure 😉 It's another A5 length card, so quite tall, but this time a little wider. I've used a couple of stencils, too, then coloured the flowers with watercolour pencils. I don't use gold paint often these days but I love the effect when I do. I used it both for stencilling and for stamping.
Linking to 
Crafty Cardmakers, Create your own Background
Make My Monday, Use Stencils
Allsorts, So cute
Sweet Stamping, Create your own background
Alphabet Challenge, F is for Flora or Fauna
Tuesday Throwdown, Anything Goes

Thank you for calling in today
As ever, stay safe!
Back soon
Cath
xxx

23 very kind comments from lovely people:

Rachelle Oltean said...

Sometimes it's just kind of nice to throw things onto paper and see what happens! In this case, you came up with some wonderful projects! I love the backgrounds and the sentiments for the girl images are perfect! Nice job!T hanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge - "F" is for Flora or Fauna!
Rachelle - DT : )

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath. Your art makes me happy.

Linby said...

Super makes here, they are all so different.
Thanks for joining in with my challenge for So Cute at Allsorts.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous backgrounds and stamps love the ostrich lol
Carol x

Meggymay said...

Super backgrounds and a fabulous selection of cards.
Stay safe Cath.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I just bought that ostrich stamp so it is fun to see it! Ad I love those little folk too. They are very adorable. I get why you'd rather work than blog when the creative juices are flowing. I'm finding I am posting and writing comments more in the evening now while the TV is on. Gives me time to sit with hubby. Loving all the cards today and those colorful backgrounds made me slightly swoon. Happy JUly. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Stunning cards as always Cath. I particularly smiled at the Janet Klein cards as they are images I have been hankering after buying for a while. They make me smile too and I love the cards you made with them. As always you excel at backgrounds and you make the most beautiful cards as a result.
I love the cheeky Ostrich! He is fun and reminds me of one or two people as he noses his way in on that card.
Hugs, Neet xx

brenda said...

A post of contrasts Cath, from fun and funky to stylish and elegant, bright and bold to soft and subtle. It's difficult to choose a favourite but the last one with the sepia and aqua does speak to me and draw me back.

Lovely to see you at Allsorts again and with such a fun card, many thanks for joining in with our 'So Cute' theme this week.

B x

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely and delightful cards! Yes, sympathy cards aren't something one enjoys making but they are made from the heart.
Love your vibrant cards at the top with the fun images!

Darlene said...

GREAT cards Cath! What a wonderful job with those stencils! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

María said...

Those backgrounds are fantastic, I love how different are each card and all the combinations of colours you've used are perfect. Hugs, María.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and cute cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mummylade said...

Wonderful creations, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous design, love your displayed technique. Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge of

STENCILS at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges

Josephine said...

Beautiful backgrounds!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wowser! These are all absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing these adorable creations with us at Sweet Stampin', so lovely to have you play along for our 'Make Your Own Background' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Dawn Phillips said...

These are all lovely. Your stencilling on our entry is so well done. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards Cath! I love those Janet Klein characters! That ostrich real made me smile - they can be real mischief makers! Your final vintage style card is stunning! Take care, Chrisxx

Cazro said...

Fabulous collection. Loving the card for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

J said...

All your cards are gorgeous. I am torn between the vibrant backgrounds and the more vintage aqua/brown one... decisions!!! Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card and a perfect background created. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xxx

Maikreations said...

Those are wonderful cards and I love the colourful backgrounds you have created ;o) Thank you for joining us with your "Create Your Own Background" project at Crafty Cardmakers. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting ;o) Maike

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous artwork as always and your sympathy card is just perfect for the occasion. I have to have a few ready made as I find them so hard to make at a time when I need to use them myself. I've just finished work, so hope to be able to visit your lovely blog more often x