'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 14 June 2020

Hello!
Just wanted to share some of my playtimes from the last couple of weeks. I watched a video just over a week ago and was really inspired by the technique, so played around a bit, trying out different paints and colouring mediums. I'm still enjoying the technique, so I'm sure it will feature again, soon - in fact, I'm planning to go try something else as soon as I've blogged these.
They're all on watercolour paper, using different types of watercolours.
 (I didn't get to play but I did get to see my little 7 year old granddaughter for the first time since mid March. She's my only grandchild. It was so hard to leave her - I cried - but I got lots of hugs and even some little gifts she'd wrapped up for me, bless her, especially for sharing her precious LOLs with me - even if it was a double 😁)


This is how my first one looked when it had dried and I'd added some text. Far from perfect, of course, but as the stamp says, 'Imperfections make life more interesting', don't you agree?


I tried out more than one set of images for this, pulling them out of my already fussy cut and coloured stash 😉
So here's my first image try out, using Katzelcraft's Les Rats de la Ville. I did like this one, so you'll probably see this design again, but this time I went with the one below, mainly because I liked the addition of more colour. (Katzelcraft again - I love the way the artist gives each animal so much personality.)
It isn't part of anything yet because I used a piece of paper I'd already cut to size, ready for making a book/journal and may well be my front cover because I really love the way it turned out.
This one was an attempt at using Inktense Pencils. I added too much water because I was trying to get the colours to  move a little more, but I think it's still interesting. I only pencilled the colour lightly, but it really didn't want to move, so not the ideal medium for this technique.
In retrospect, I wonder if this would've been better if I'd left areas of more concentrated colour, to give more definition. The circles are also smaller - I think I prefer the larger ones. I added more stamped and doodled circles to it. The colour at the bottom is from when I used it as a stencil mopup. 
This is after the first spray.


I've just finished this one, painted with Daler Rowney Watercolours. I didn't like the butterfly I'd stamped on the bottom circle - but there wasn't much space, so I covered the original stamping with a second Stampendous butterfly. (Only because it's the only one big enough 😁)  I think it would work better with three different types. 
More stamped circles on this one and the words are printed on my labeller. It's been fun to watercolour a little more and just let the inks move around, instead of using pencils or pens.
I'd tried another one on the other side, which really didn't work! The colours seeped through, as you can see at the bottom. I probably also used the wrong side of the paper...I never know which side is best 😊
I will post the video link when I find it, but it's in Dutch, so unless you are fortunate enough to speak Dutch, you'll just have to mute it, as I did...
I'll be back soon to share some other stamping I've been doing, though I can't share one of them yet, until something arrives so I can finish it off - if it isn't lost.

Linking to:
Allsorts, Embossing, wet or dry (all stamping heat embossed)

Thank you for calling in today...
I hope you're all enjoying the gradual relaxation of lockdowns, wherever you may be! 
Stay Safe!
Back soon
Cath
xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow,these are all wonderful!

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath. These are just stunning.I really like the outcome of this technique. Have nice Sunday.

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW, these are gorgeous! Saw your butterfly one and then when I came to your site you have a bunch more and they are beautiful!!! Grandchildren are such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous selection, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

María said...

All those backgrounds are wonderful and fantastic and with those stamps they're perfect, I love them. Hugs, María.

brenda said...

Such variations Cath, such intensity on the first two, the the dreamy colour palette on the third and lastly the beautiful blend to showcase the lovely Butterflies.

Many thanks for sharing you pretty card and joining in our 'Embossing' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad you got to see your granddaughter again. I bet it was a very happy reunion for both of you. And hopefully you won't have to wait 3 months before you can see her again. And the circle art is great. I love the mice and the bird images. They are a riot and work so well in the circles. All of these are excellent and such a clever way to make a background. Hope you're new week is starting well. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

What an absolutely brilliant post full of variations on the circle theme. I already love the circles without anything in at all, but then as each change happened the smile on my face grew wider. Love the humour of the rats and the birds (brilliantly coloured), and then the beauty of the flowers and the butterflies. Enchanting.

And so happy you got some time with your granddaughter too. Sorry I've not been visiting much - busy with new stamp release - but hopefully getting back to normal for a while now.
Alison x

Mummylade said...

Your projects are absolutely wonderful!! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Neet said...

How lovely to have some time with your grand daughter. I know how much you have missed her so I can fully understand the tears. The little gifts she came with must have meant so much, hard not to cry as soon as you saw her and then to get gifts ...
Anyway, you have me in tears now so on to the stamping quickly.
Love these and you are so right the little rats and the birds certainly have characters of their own. They are adorable. Jut love your circles though, they are beautiful and you have put so much work into creating beautiful pieces of artwork. Colours are so just perfect! As are your cards that follow - just love those flowers and the butterflies.
Take care, talk soon
Hugs, Neet xx

Dawn said...

WOW, these cards are truly stunning. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning cards! The circle background look fabulous and I love how you added the birds, critters and flowers, they are showcased so beautifully 😀. Hope you are keeping well and wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What ever the technique is it looks amazing and the way you added those cute creatures is absolutely fabulous! I love the flowers and the butterflies too, but must say that even before you add more than a text stamp they look great! Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

These are absolutely brilliant and love the technique-love the quirky critter stamps and beautiful butterfly card.Good to hear you got to see and hug your little grandaughter
Carol x

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your cards, Cath.

All the best for you
Anke