'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 3 June 2020

But where did April and May go??? Doesn't it seem strange?

Our lovely sunshine days are over - hopefully just for a short time, though you never can tell in NW England!  It's been too nice to spend much time crafting, but I did play a little most days and these are the results.
Another DL sized card made by adding little bits each day (because of the heat) though the main stamp (StudioLight) is one single image. I stamped twice, cutting out the flutterbies and attaching, then adding touches of colour with the inks I'd used. I used other text stamps around the edges and a little stencilling.

I don't seem to be able to alter the size in the new Blogger, or to move it around much 😒 That's a shame. I haven't yet had chance to play around with the menu but it looks as if some things have been removed, which really affects the functionality. I would think it would be better for mobile bloggers, but certainly not for anyone else. I've reverted to Classic Blogger - thankfully, we'll still have that option even when the new format is rolled out at the end of this month! 
I'll have to check Live Writer and see if they've ever fixed the problems that stopped me using it.

Ink (Oxides) colours were Worn Lipstick and Tumbled Glass.

I came across this Crafty Individuals stamp while looking for a couple of others, so I left it out to try with felt tips. I really like the result. It looks so crisp and cheerful, so I deckle die cut the layers and attached to a white card, to go with the CAS look.

I'd been trying to use up my Ecoline inks to make backgrounds and was really enjoying the vivid colours - unfortunately, they're not lightfast, so they will fade in time. They are so full of pigment and make beautiful rainbow effects. I've had them for years, but only used up one - the yellow - which I really miss.

Anyhoo, I noticed on Godelieve's blog that they now do Markers, so I just had to try them... they're really juicy, and just as bright as the inks, though I found myself wanting some paler blues and lilacs 😞 - I should change my name to Mary - as in Contrary 😀!

This is one of the Ecoline backgrounds, although the photo just doesn't do the colours justice. They almost glow, they're so vivid! 
This is another StudioLight image - yes, I'm a fan - again stamped twice and the flowers fussy cut - including the stem - to add over the top after edging with permanent black marker. 
I did a little Tone on Tone stamping around it, adding a couple of grungy circles, then some stencilling with a White Gel Pen, filling in some circles, but leaving others unfilled, then adding a touch of water to some of them to get slight variations in shade. I also filled in the lettering with white gel pen.
The flowers were watercoloured with Oxide inks. 

For a change, I stayed with the tag format, though this is still only slightly smaller than a DL size. I'm planning on making a book of my tall tags, if I ever get around to it. 
I really, really need to finish some of the UFOs lying around my craft room and making even more mess 😉

It's June, and that means new monthly challenges, so I'm linking to:
Mix it Up, ATG with optional acrylic block stamping
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Create your own background
Stamps + Fun + Creativity, Nature or Flowers
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday, In the Summer Garden

Thank you for calling in today - I'm always happy to see you!
Back soon
Stay safe!
Cath
xxx

9 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Good for you to try the new blogger Cath. I haven't yet but I did see you can switch over to the "old" one. You're the second person who said it has issues. I should really try it out I guess. Loving your cards today. The middle one has a totally different look and I thought it was a stitched applique a first. My blogger hasn't been doing corrections very well lately so I hope I have some correct spelling. Loving the art and hope all is well with you! Hugs-Erika

María said...

Wonderful projects, I love the backgrounds you've created they're fantastic and you always choose the right colour combination, they're perfect.

About the new Blogger here in Spain the big change started a few weeks ago and for what I've seen they're adding (at least in the part where you create posts) every few days options you had in the old version, so maybe soon they add the things you're missing. What I don't like is I have to be very careful when I'm working in a post because as they've changed the top icons it's very easy to publish one that is not ready to be read for the new image they have.

Ellibelle said...

Each one of these is so absolutely amazing! Such beautiful work! Thank you so much for linking up this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about "In the Summer Garden"!
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

Oh dear, I had forgotten about the changes to Blogger, guess I should try the new one out before it's too late and I end up not blogging. I am such a fuss pot too, got so set in my ways, pictures have to be centred, text has to be fully blocked. Ouch, wonder if I will have to change?
Well good on you to give it a try and nice to know of the things you are not that keen on.
Your projects are lovely and so different. I like the subtle changes in the background of the first one and I fell in love with the deckle edge on the second. I never use my deckle scissors these ays and i don't have any dies like yours. But I am impressed with the finish. It sets your lovely flowers off so well. Are the flowers on this one coloured with the Markers>. They are lovely and bright.
Never did buy the Ecolines when you had the shop but no idea why as I seemed to try most stuff you sold and, now, seeing your background, I am beginning to regret it. What a lovely set of bright strong colours on your tag. I love the various stamps you have used for your background, I really don't know anyone else who thrills me as much as you do with your backgrounds. I once called you the Queen of Backgrounds - and you truly are.
Hugs, Neet xx

Ina G said...

Such a beautiful variety of cards here Cath and love then all. Thanks for sharing at Mix it Up this month. Ina DT

crafty-stamper said...

Love tboth he fabulous Studiolight stamps and brilliant backgrounds one paler and the other really vibrant.Beautiful floral stamps on the middle card they almost look embroidered-my deckle scissors have not been used for absolute years but love the effect on your cards
Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

Fabulous stamping, coloring, designing, and use of ink and paint. Wow. I so love them all, but the colors on that tag totally grabbed me. Your work is so fun to look at. Lovely creations. Hugz

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Stunning cards. I actually thought that the one using the Crafty Individuals was embroidered, it's fabulous and I'll definitely be having a try at something similar to add to my stash x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I do love the colours on the butterfly card but ...WOW!!!..those brights are fantastic! I bought a few Ecoline pens from the art shop around the corner from our Paris hotel last year - it 's a great hotel but that's the bonus!! I love the blend of colours on the tag! Hugs, Chrisx