'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 11 June 2020

Just sharing some of what I've been doing...I keep forgetting to blog them.

Backgrounds are Oxides, mainly smooshed. I've been trying to find a white card that I like, which means I'm trying a few kinds out, with varying degrees of success. I've used the same type of card for around 12 years, or more, but last time I bought it, it had changed. The inks don't move the same way and it doesn't like as much water, which I constantly use. So you may notice mixed background results. I'll still use them 😉

I've also been playing on watercolour paper, using watercolours or Ecolines.
This one is using watercolour paints.

This one uses Ecoline inks - neat - so much stronger colours. I love the effect here. Obviously, I added a little backgound stamping and stencilling, too, but using mainly tone on tone. I love the strong contrast on this one.


And this one was using up a smooshed scrap that was lying around, just adding some simple stamping and using images already stamped and cut out. I left the border one sided - it was the remains of a die cut 😊 and I like the quirky look of it as it is. The faces and wings were toned down a bit by adding vellum - to disguise some unwanted marks they'd gathered in my box.
Linking to
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday, In the Summer garden
Stamps & Fun = Creativity, Nature or Flowers
Stamping Sensations, Make it Colourful
Just Add Ink, Just Add 'F' (Flowers)

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Stay safe!
Cath
xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Cath, sometimes it's hard to find the right card, I've got a few I don't like but they do make a base card! What a difference a background makes - the daisy stamp looks so different, they really pop against the vibrant colours.
Stay safe, Avril xx

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath. The ecoline is stronger in color. I really like all of them but my fave is the last one. Have a great weekend.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

More amazing artwork Cath and the one that you've made for our challenge definitely hits the brief, it's perfect! Thank you for joining us in our 'Make It Colourful ' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

brenda said...

Another bumper post Cath and loving the vibrancy of the second one, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge and sharing a card for our 'Colourful' theme.

Card is always a difficult one and yes it does change over time, had the very same problem. My very fav now is CB's Drawing Cartridge which takes most of what you throw at it, but not the cheapest I'll admit.

So for general play time I used The Paperbox's smooth white card as it's a price you can afford to experiment with and if it all goes pear shaped you've not wasted too much money. A while back I did a review on my blog as they sent me various products to try out and I was happy to give it my recommendation as like that from CB you can throw anything at it without warp.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

Sometimes changes are not for the best, but I love your smoosed backgrounds. And daisey images. And those fun little birds too. I find lots of card paper here in the US are pretty flimsy, so when I made a lot of cards I just bought paper and cut it. I actually did make a card this week for an upcoming baby shower I won't be attending. It was fun and so on my summer art list (besides about 50 other things) is to make some cards. Now that my mom is home I could send some to her. HAve a fabulous weekend, and hope your weather has warmed up and is nice. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous cards! The designs are gorgeous and the last one with the two birds made me smile 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

María said...

Awesome cards, I love the backgrounds and those stamps of the last one are very very original and super cute. Hugs, María.

marilyn said...

Love the third card...SO dramatic with that intense background...perfect with the daisies! Did you mask the daisies? Curious minds and all that!

Lynne K said...

Fabulous cards, Cath! They're all gorgeous but I do particularly like your entry for Stamping Sensations. So colourful! Thank you for sharing it with us for our June challenge.

Lynne

Neet said...

I too am having problems with card - and I have lots of it. It is no good with water though and I am using water a lot more these days. I bought some Pink Frog the other week and will be trying that out next. I am hoping that will be much better.
Lovely cards though Cath, I love the first one, gorgeous mix of those colours and as always reminds me of whimberry (sp?) pie with cream. In the second the green makes it much more vibrant but I do like the effect. The third is so different with the inks and after those more muted shades I am not sure what I feel about this one, which I know you like. Love your smooshed up last one, but they are in my favourite colours so any depth of colour would have worked for me.
I just wish I had your sense of colour. You know how much I admire your work.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps I will try to write soon

Words and Pictures said...

Such delightful daisies - I particularly love the image with the bottle vases (coveting that one whenever I see it at the moment!), and they look great against the rainbow too.
Alison x

Ellibelle said...

These are all so nicely done with wonderful details and great colors!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about the 'Summer Garden'!
Ellibelle's Corner

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all so beautiful and such a variety - I'm glad you aren't asking me to pick my favourite!! Hugs, Chrisx