'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 27 August 2020

Hello, Strangers! I do hope you are well and wonderfully surviving in the Covid crisis. Life has definitely changed for most of us - and drastically for some. But change isn't always all bad.

I know, I've been a BAD blogger... sorry. I've had/still have keyboard issues, but that's not why I haven't blogged - I've been busy with one thing and another, including making a lot of mess all over my house. I also went 'off' cards for a while, so when I was able have been making other things, which I've really enjoyed 😁 But, please accept my apologies for not visiting you over the last few weeks. This laptop is the one I use in the evenings, but because I've had to relocate my external keyboard (repair that needs 'fixing' when my son escapes quarantine, following his return from Spain) and this one hasn't been working, it's been difficult. I tend to use the other one for streaming while I'm in my craft room, where I spend most of my day, even if I'm not crafting! 

But I'm here now because my main laptop keyboard decided to work and I know I need to clear some of the artwork in my folder, so I just thought I'd check out the challenges. In the meantime, I've been moved over to the new Blogger - yuk! That shows how long it is since I was here 😟

Firstly, a butterfly from Aall and Create, on a smooshed background... I do like this stamp.


My 'botanical' for SSS Mondays is Penny Black flowers, clear embossed then coloured with Prismas, on a simple sponged background, featuring one of my favourite 'go to' text stamps and a lot of dots 😊

Then the Birds... just a mess about with the owls and a try out of a stamp of some words I already had - you can see the others in the background. The background is some dotty leaves from another set. It's another sponged background. 

And this one was a 'Just for fun' card I made...I'll put photo and scan side by side and you'll just have to imagine it's in between the two! We've had so much dull weather lately, making photo taking much more difficult.
 
I'm linking to...
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday, Anything beginning with a 'B'
Penny Black and More, Say it with Flowers

Thank you for calling in today...
I'll be back very soon
Stay well and safe!
Cath
xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back and back with a bang---fabulous cards and backgrounds and love all your stampa and great fun sentiment on the chicken one lol
Carol x

Joan said...

What a lovely set of cards, love them all but my favourite is the Penny Blacl flower one, it's stunning, looks almost dimensional

Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

It's nice to see you back in blogland Cath. And sorry to hear about your computer issues. I think some of these computers have gotten some weird viruses too. What a crazy year. But your cards are amazing with some fantastic colors. I like that butterfly too and the purple flowers on that second car really do pop off the background. Hope otherwise all is well. hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Well you have made up for lost time Cath as this is a super bumper post of gorgeousness. A great card for our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in.

As for new blogger, I tried it for a month and went back, and if you are like lots of us will keep reverting every time it changes - until there's no options!!

B x

Zoechaos said...

Saw your second card on a challenge and had to come over. Your background is wonderful and the whole card just brings joy. Then getting here there is a whole array of wonderful cards to feast the eyes on. All in all a joy filled visit. x

Neet said...

The butterfly card is the next one I am using to make a card from but doubt I will do it as much justice as you did. Again I love the colours and the background - you really do the most gorgeous backgrounds.
Love the Penny Black one, fab image - and the birdies, so cute. What a great set of words on the hen cards!
Loved my visit today, missed you.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

María said...

Fantasctic cards, I love all them and all they are very different, great backgrounds. María, x

Anke said...

Oh Cath your cards are so wonderful, fantastic art.

Hugs
Anke

Aimeslee Winans said...

hI cATH! Always fun to see the stamps you have and use. I'm glad you are blogging again. But I also understand that pull to create stuff not for sharing. Yay for you doing it! I haven't been switched to the new blogger yet and not looking forward to it, lol. XOX

Ellibelle said...

Loving all the inkyness and such fabulous images!
Beautifully done!
Thanks so much for joining in and sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards Cath.
Thank you for sharing at PB&more;-))m

Andrea said...

Nice cards - one more beautiful than the other. Thanks for joining us at EAC.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41