'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 1 July 2022

Wow! It's such a long time since I blogged, but I haven't stopped creating - not completely.

Sadly, my eldest son was found dead last year and, as you can imagine, I was devastated. It's amazing how grief dries up all your creativity. A lot of my creative friends have also passed away this last few months - some very, very close to me. I've missed them and I'm sure I will do in future. 

But the biggest tribute is to continue creating, don't you think?

I'm just going to post one or two of my bits and see if anyone looks these days - I've so lost touch with all the blogs, the challenges, etc. Emotions don't ask permission to mess with your life.

I really liked the larger flowers in Lou Withers' Studio Light Just Lou range, so I played with watercolouring them in different colourways. I did have a plan to use them as book covers - they're a lovely size for a nice big journal. (Yes, I'm still making lots of books, mainly with Studio Light dies!)


There's another design somewhere, but I obviously haven't scanned or photographed it - I thought I had. I'll also share the card I made for my best friend's birthday - one of the few I've made this year.
I used digistamps - unusual for me - and enjoyed this. Unfortunately, I've really struggled with colouring of any type of late. I watercoloured a canvas (preprinted) with my granddaughter (now 9) a few weeks ago. Loved it but could barely walk for a couple of days, which was a bit of a problem because I had their dog to walk and look after while they were in Spain for a family wedding. That was fun - I broke my heart when he finally went home, though it was tough when he first arrived. He's only a pup, really. I've never known a dog like him but he is a little love. I had to cover everything while he was here... 😊

Right, that's it for now - I have a Zoom call at 4pm, which I always look forward to.  Hope you're all really well and enjoying life. 

Back soon
Many Blessings
Cath
xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

Debbie said...

I enjoy seeing your work. Please continue when you feel like it. You are so talented!
Hang in there. Sending you lots of love.

marilyn said...

That is such a fun birthday card...just made me smile! Glad you're back blogging and creating a little. It really helps to have this wonderful hobby to lose yourself into when experiencing grief. After my husband died, my craft room became my happy place that I could go to and just immerse myself making cards. It was amazingly cathartic...and still is.
I am so sorry you've lost your son...wishing you peace as you go forward in your life.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I’m so very sorry to read about you losing your son and it’s absolutely understandable that you lost your creativity. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about crafting is that once you’re ready to do it again, it’s so therapeutic and can give you a temporary relief from your grief and worries. I have found it to be such a blessing at times of uncertainty. I too have recently thought about giving up blogging and I mentioned it on my blog. I have a few very kind and loyal followers who left such lovely comments and I eventually came to the decision that I would carry on for them. Although Blog land is very quiet these days, there are still some people who don’t do social media, so blogging means such a lot to them as they have made many wonderful crafting friends along the way and perhaps they don’t have much contact with other people. I can’t make your decision for you Cath as it’s entirely up to you of course but I would miss you and so would lots of other people. I’ve decided to carry on but I’m not posting as often as I previously have. Whatever your decision, I wish you the very best of everything and I wish you peace and happiness x PS, your cards are lovely x

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back Cath and so sorry to hear about your Son.Love your beautifully watercoloured flowers and cute birthday card.A very handsome dog and sounds like you enjoyed looking after him-hope you enjoyed your zoom meeting too-your post keeps cropping up and have commented three times but still not showing? I have had a lot of comments going into spam too!
Carol x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to read about your loss, Cath. I know how emotional that can be and what a toll it takes. It was definitely good to see a couple of your cards, though. Love the birthday card.

That is one cute pooch! Loved the photo.

Joan said...

So very sorry to hear of your sad loss. I had wondered where you had got to and its nice to see you back again.Love your cards