'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 30 August 2021

That was originally Happy Sunday! Oops! I hope you're all well and enjoying the last little bits of Summer. It's been a lovely week here and I hope it has where you are.

I have a couple of cards for you to see. I actually added the Happy Birthday to this so I could enter it into the Birthday challenge, then didn't manage it, and that's probably over 2 weeks ago! It will come in handy. As you can see, the little masked minx on the left has been dying her bunny to match today's outfit - poor little bunny. I quite like this stencil. I think it's a Uniko stencil and I like it because it's irregular. I used Oxides for the ink sponging.


This one was made with Dark Room Door stamps but I really don't like the die cut words I added, so I think I'll have to try to take them off! If I'm honest, I thought it a bit boring before I added them but I have lots of word stamps I could have used! Must have been one of those senior moments - I'm having way too many of them these days 😖 I used the new Prize Ribbon and Kitsch Flamingo, with a touch of Salvaged Patina. 

This one I love but that's partly because I love the stamp - I love echinaceas and have a drawing I found a few weeks ago somewhere. I also have a recently acquired new one in a pot in my yard, which is coming into bloom right now. It's beautiful. This background was made with acrylic paints and was gorgeous until I started stamping... but I still like the result in a quirky kind of way. The colours I stamped with are a bit strong and I added too much text, I know. I just got carried away, lol.
I did say I'd add some Bible Journalling, so here are a couple of Genesis pages that almost everyone will recognise. Most people get the animal numbers wrong, though - there were 7 pairs of every 'clean' animal on that ark and 1 pair of every unclean animal, plus 7 pairs of birds... it is difficult to imagine how huge that ark was! I did get the animal stamps specifically for this and I love the way they turned out... 

I just love making rainbow backgrounds, so this one was a lot of fun to do. I was doing my best to get it as vivid as possible, so I used Inktense pencils, which worked beautifully. Love those alphabet stamps, too 😉
Linking to

Challenge Up Your Life, Circles

Creatalicious, Anything Goes

Try it on Tuesday, Summer Blooms

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes


Thank you for calling in today

Back soon

Cath

xxx

7 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Love all your fabulous stamps and colourful first card complete with green bunny lol-but my favourite is the third one -beautiful.WE are in Hull near the East Coast and been cold,showery and windy last few days even had the heating on for the last two days for an hour to warm through
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Cath and lovely to see you sharing that beautiful echinacea with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Hope you're keeping well.
Avril

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These cards are so very creative, Cath. I especially like the last one. Your bible journal is looking wonderful, too.

My name is Erika. said...

How wonderful to see you back at TIOT Cath. I'm glad you decided to link these cards. I have never seen that little Janet Klein lady with the mask. How cute! And your flowers and Bible journaling are amazing. I do love that black eyed Susan on that amazing background. I hope all is well with you. Thanks for sharing these. Hugs-Erika

Michelle B. said...

So beautiful and colorful! I love how you've put everything together! So glad you joined us at Creatalicious Challenges!

SewPaperPaint said...

These are absolutely gorgeous projects! I'm especially partial to your texty Tracy Evans stamps card, wow! Not too texty for me, I love it! Hugs, Autumn

Neet said...

How come I missed this? I haven't been on my game recently have I?
Just adore that first card. The background is super and perfect for the words but the two little girls, what characters. Love the glasses on the right one, similar in shape to kmy new ones which I can't wait to get. They are like an old pair I had and loved.
the girl on the left though - what attention to details - she has not only the mask but the rubber gloves to wear when doing a dyeing job. Terrific!
Didn't get the latest Distress colour but what a lovely background it has made here with the other two colours. you are good at putting colours together. Lovely card.
Now I recognise some of the stamps on the next one, in fact I am pretty sure I have them all - nice selection and I love that flower too.
Your bible journaling had me smiling. I would never have thought to use those animals like that but they look perfect.
Hope you are well
Hugs, Neet xx