'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 12 August 2021

I made this one as a birthday card for a friend. I hadn't used Salvaged Patina Oxide (nor have I used the most recent one yet!) until this last two weeks or so and it really is one of my favourite shades, so you'll no doubt see it more. It's such a soothing colour and it goes well with the lovely Darkroom Door thistle stamps. I used their long Birthday stamp in the background, too. Adding white highlights to the thistles makes all the difference.

I used it on this one, too. Just a play with some Paperartsy stamps.


And another over a stencilled background..

Then, some simple ink blending for a change...scan on the left, photo on the right. I really like the way this one turned out.

  

And for a bit of fun. Another stencilled and stamped background and one of those images that always makes me smile. 


Linking to 

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, Occasions

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Heat Embossing

We Love Chocolate Baroque, Favourite Stamps

Retro Rubber, Anything Goes (Lady with broom stamp)

Challenge Up Your Life, Circles

Stamping Sensations, Any Celebration


Thank you for calling in today

Back soon

Cath

xxx

8 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

More gorgeous cards Cath. The scenic sunsets/sunrises are beautiful, and I do like that lady wishing she was queen. That is a great image. It's always nice to stop by. And I hope all is well with you too and you are having a nice summer. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Salvaged Patina soon became one of my favs Cath and as you have showcased works beautifully with lilacs and green. I've not gone for Prize Ribbon as not really a a blue person, but the new Mica Stains, well lush is all I can say especially the Crooked Broomstick.

Anyhows, back to todays showcase which are all very pleasing on the eye and all full of vibrancy and interest and each with it's own unique appeal.

Lovely to see you at our August themes at We Love Chocolate Baroque and Stamping Sensations challenges, thank you so much for joining us.

B x

Neet said...

I've missed you and your lovely art so today was a real bonus with these cards from you.
All so beautifully executed and using the new Patina colour which you portray so well. I always love your blues, greens and purples -perfectly blended and used as highlights.
Love your sunset, perfection with the lone trees and the birds but my favourite has to be the Queen card. Having just watched a silly film featuring Cinderella it reminds me so much of her - and she became Queen so I wonder if everything was different then. Anyway, love the image, love the bubbles, especially how you have put the words inside two of them - a super duper card.
Hugs, Neet xx

Linby said...

I'm loving salvaged patina too. All your work looks wonderful with great ink blends. Your queen card is just fabulous - what a great stamp. Thanks for joining in at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge this month.

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning cards, Cath! Salvaged patina and Prize ribbon go so well together! I too have been playing with them. Your cards are so beautiful and show the wonderful colours beautifully x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous set of cards and backgrounds love all your beautiful stamps especially the lady with the broom.
Carol x

Caty said...

Gorgeous cards Cath. I LOVE salvaged patina, great backgrounds. The lady looks fabulous thinking she is a Queen. Have a nice Thursday, take care and big hugss, Caty

Steffiehexe said...

Beautiful cards you have made!
Thank you for joining CUYL.
Best regards
Steffie