'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 4 August 2021

Where did the year go? Just popping in to share some of my recent creations... no excuses for delaying - it's just been a time for doing other things. We just had a 5 and a half day conference' at my church (streamed live instead of the usual camping holiday) which was brilliant, but it was an all day thing. Even though I didn't get to the afternoon sessions, I was doing other things, so I've just been going straight to bed when I did get home. 

I'll check current challenges but I just want to share what's in my folder, so will try to do that this week. The cards I'm posting today feature my favourite colour combinations - definitely feel good colours for me. They also feature mostly florals. Isn't it strange how we go through phases of using different types of images? 

This is one of my favourite Paperartsy stamp sets. These stamps just go so well together and fit a variety of purposes. The Friends stamp is an old Hero Arts stamp I've well and truly had my money's worth from. I love it and use it over and over again.


The next two cards are cut from the same background piece I made with one of my favourite stencils and a Hero Arts background text I'd just unmounted and put on EZ mount.


This next one features Darkroom Door stamps, and is from the same background I used in the previous card..

This was a birthday card for a very special lady. A friend's mum was 80 a couple of weeks ago and I actually got to see her last month, too - which was lovely, though it made me miss my own mum, who's been in New Zealand for 13 years now. My mum wouldn't have appreciated this card, though. She's much more a floral, pastel and traditional die cut type of lady.


I have a few others  (not many unless I finish off the ones I've begun!) and some Bible Journalling to share but I'll come back with that.-

Linking to:

Addicted to Stamps and More, Make Your Mark

Retro Rubber, Anything Goes (Paperartsy stamps around 12 years old)

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Birthday challenge All and Create (second card)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes

A Place to Start, Create in 'Your style' - any or all the above

Allsorts, Anything Goes (Optional roses)

We love Chocolate Baroque, Favourite stamps (Thanks, Brenda)

Challenge Up Your Life, Circles


Thank you for calling in today

Back soon

Cath

xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards and backgrounds-love all the beautiful stamps too
Carol x

Jan Clothier said...

Your inky backgrounds are fabulous and you show so many ways to use them. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

brenda said...

A super collection today Cath and very much like the colour palette running through the first three, thanks so much for joining in with our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

You said the Paperartsy set is a favourite - that's our theme at WLCB this month!

B x

Neet said...

Once more your backgrounds astound me, you do the most amazing ones and I wish I could do something half as good as your do. Truly.
Love all the floral cards, hard to choose a favourite but I love the card yu made for Enid. Such a fun smiling card to make her day a happy one.
Have missed you being around but glad you have been having a lovely time.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like summer is going well. I know what you mean about just doing other things. That is summer, isn't it? I am loving your most recent cards. They are lovely and lots of fun Cath. Enjoy your August. Hugs-Erika

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire Grantham said...

Love love your backgrounds. Love all the pretty stenciled elements over the top of the inked pieces. The friends card is love, the big flowers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great selection of cards. Love the backgrounds & colours you have used

Thank you for sharing with us at 'A Place To Start' this month
Take care
hugs Shell xx

Maikreations said...

This is such a great card - I really love your beautifully layered background! Thank you so much for taking part in our "Circles" challenge at Challenge Up Your Life! Have a fabulous day, Maike

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You were selected at a Rising Star at A Place to Start for the week of August 9th-15th, 2021. Thanks for a fabulous response to our challenge. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!