'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 17 May 2018

I’m still creating, though I’ve been a bit stuck on something for a few weeks… but I also went to the show at Port Sunny (Port Sunlight) on the Wirral, which was LOADS of fun and way too expensive… I spent a few lovely hours with my friend Neet (Hickydorums) and met up with lots of old friends (you know who you are…)not that they’re old, just that I’ve known some of them a LONG time, which always makes the show sweeter. I also got to chat to Sarah and Chris and KCUK Chris – so lovely to catch up and to share what we’d bought.  Sarah was doing another of her wonderful demos, but (un) fortunately, I’d already spent too much by the time I got to her, so I didn’t spend TOO much at her stall. I was hunting for something specific, which I didn’t – sadly – find, but I made up for that Embarrassed smile

I’ve been playing with a variety of things lately, so I’ll share a few now.

Here’s another card made with my favourite PB stamp – this time a very quick and easy, using felt tip pens. It’s way too much effort to use a stamp positioner to restamp, so it’s more of an impression than a proper image. I made the mistake of letting Izzi (Granddaughter) play with my Tombows, resulting in some dry ones, so I may have to get an alternative soon.

FUCHSIA FRIENDS

I have a couple more stamped, so will make something with them soon and show you.

I’ll link it to

Penny Black Saturday Challenge – Favourite PB stamp

This one was made for fun, because I love this new stencil and the stamp in the background.

VOICES 1

This is a playtime gone wrong, but I’ll show it anyway… I love the background but I messed up on the tree stamping and the words just don’t show clearly enough.. I included it in a parcel I sent out, explaining it was a reject, lol.

CAST OFF TREE C

This lovely new PB stamp arrived yesterday – a preorder. I coloured the flowers with Gel pens, which was fun – something I haven’t done much of for a long time. one of the pens I picked up just happened to be a Soufflé pen - I loved the result. The words are from the stash I ordered when I won the Simon Says Stamp Voucher and are from Impression Obsession. I used an old ISA stamp in the background, along with a stencil won in an Allsorts Challenge.

I’ll link this to the

Addicted to Stamps and More Make Your Mark Challenge

BUDS 1

These I made a while ago – I really, really wanted these Kay Carley stamps but have found them difficult to use, if I’m honest. Must work on that! The larger stamps are a little TOO large for me  – really must try again.

KC SMILE

KC EARTH LAUGHS

This one is specifically for

TIOT Challenge – Destinations

I realise it’s a little oblique, but that’s cos I was planning to use a stamp that says ‘The journey is more important than the destination.’ I didn’t, so it may not make sense, lol.

THE JOURNEY 1

Last but not least,

Close to Nature is the challenge at Stamping Sensations

I stamped the bamboo on the Oxide background and thought the birds would give the illusion of Japanese brush art, so I hunted out the text and voilà! I quite like the look.

LTT 2

I’ll link that to the

Penny Black and More Anything Goes challenge..

Enough for now.

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

Meggymay said...

A fabulous collection of cards, you used some lovely stamped images to create them.
Thank you for sharing one with us at Try it on Tuesdays, its a great scene for our Destinations theme.
Yvonne xx

brenda said...

Grief Woman, have you slept this week ? So many super creations and so diverse in style and impossible to choose a favourite.

Pleased you had a good time at Port Sunny, one of the nicest things about shows (apart from new stash) is meeting up with Peeps. Have a trip planned to one in the Autumn when the SS girls are meeting up, some old friends and some for the first time, but sooooo looking forward to it.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Neet said...

I cannot believe the amount of cards you are showing us. You certainly have come back with a (wonderful) bang! So good to see your lovely artwork gracing blogland again.
Love them all but I do love how you did the "Enjoy the Journey" one - would never have thought to use a figure like that but it is so striking. Obviously the blue and green backgrounds draw me to them, maybe because I am a piscean? Can't see anything wrong with the tree btw, I love it - again a striking card.
Fabulous work as always and so good to spend time with you on Saturday - we must arrange something to get together again.
Hugs, Neet xxx

froebelsternchen said...

What beautiful card projects! I am in awe of them! So pleased you played along with us over at Try It On Tuesday! Your participation is much appreciated! Thank you very much dear Cath!
Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful cards! Your Destinations themed one is wonderful, I love the combination of your monotone stamped image and the colour one - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

Mervi said...

Gorgeous set of cards, all very special.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful variety of cards!! I love how you used the gel pens to color in the lavender sprigs. Love the Asian look of the card with the birds, and your destinations entry is wonderful!

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful cards Cath and I love your take on the Destinations themed one for TioT. The Oriental Penny Black card is beautiful and has to be my favourite!
So pleased you enjoyed the show, hopefully I'll see you at the next one?
Avril xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous set of cards! I do especially like the Penny Black one, it certainly does have an oriental look, and it's perfect for our close to nature challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Lynne

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW stunning cards, fantastic works.

I love the one with the birds ...

Hugs
Anke

pearshapedcrafting said...

It was SO good to see you at Port Sunny! I love, love, love all of these (reject indeed!!!) I really love seeing how you create such a variety of cards and the techniques you use - an inspiration for sure! Love that Japanese style especially and of course your lovely tourist enjoying her surroundings now she has arrived at her destination!! Thank you so much for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

hazel said...

A wonderful collection of cards Cath - I love them all.
xxx Hazel.

My Paper Epiphany said...

amazing collection! I came over to look at the PB birds card - brilliant! You could enter the Penny Black Saturday challenge too:)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the delicate stamping on the first one!
Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x