'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 27 May 2018

I haven’t done a lot of stamping this week – it’s been an emotional week for a few reasons, but I did make a quick and easy Versamark resist version of my favourite PB stamp for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge – though I had to attempt this more than once – I’m definitely out of practice when it comes to stamping on glossy card and this is just a cut off section of the original.

I decided I’d also add a ribbon – just to fit the Addicted to Stamps challenge of Ribbons. It isn’t ribbon, strictly speaking – it’s knitting yarn, but it contains all three colours I sponged on the card and IS sari ribbon.  I intended making a bookmark, but decided against that because of where I’d stamped the sentiment – also a PB stamp…

FUCHIA RESIST 1

I also made another card for the Destinations Challenge at TIOT. I added a little more colour this time, but not very much – I used three stamps on this one, masking as I went along. I didn’t think a sentiment would be appropriate.

DESTINATIONS 2

These cards are some I have been making with my latest purchases from Port Sunny… just enjoying the playfulness of them.

STAND OUT SHROOMS B

ART MODEL SHROOMS

I embossed the ‘fence’ effect on my scoring board. Can’t remember where I spotted this idea, but that’s all you do, dragging a dye inkpad downwards to get a faded ‘shabby chic’ effect. I really like it.

This one is a card I made for the KCUK May Mingle, which is Love, romance and at least one heart. I don’t really ‘do’ hearts, so I chose to concentrate on love. The background is made with Oxides and I watercoloured the hearts and flowers with them, too.

KCUK LOVE ROMANCE HEART

I’ll link this to one or two of the ‘Anything Goes’ challenges at

Creative Fingers

Crafty Creations

and

Word Art Wednesdays

also the

‘Use More than one Stamp’ challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

and

My Time to Craft – Circles.

KCUK (a Yahoo Group) began 17 years ago, mainly because a very special friend of mine encouraged (or was that insisted?) I start it.

Over the years, some of us have become very close, staying with each other (all over the world), writing and swapping – some of us have known each other since before the group began, as I have this particular friend.

Sadly, she passed away yesterday. She was such a kind, generous and loving person – it’s hard to put into words what a special lady she was, but she was one of those larger than life personalities, who lit up a room when she walked into it and cared about everyone. She’ll leave a big hole in lots of people’s lives – and she knew a lot of people, all over the world!

This card is an apt tribute to her.

I’m so thankful for having known her.

RIP Mary. 

Back soon

Thanks for looking

Cath

xxx

9 very kind comments from lovely people:

Rosie said...

Your cards are always gorgeous.

Thank you so much for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards! Wow, I love how you combined the three stamps to create your amazing Paris scene and the touches of colour look stunning too! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday with your fabulous Destinations card! J 😊

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fantastic cards - love the one with all the cute hearts and gorgeous oxide background. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

froebelsternchen said...

What beautiful card projects! I am in awe of them! So pleased you played along with us over at Try It On Tuesday! Your participation is much appreciated! Thank you very much!I am sorry to hear your Yahoo Group friend Mary passed away! So sad!
Hugs, Susi

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project, thanks so much for sharing at TIOT. Sorry to hear of your sad loss, Valerie

Neet said...

You have done so well to post this and the cards are lovely especially the tribute to Mary. I know how much she meant to you.
Neet xx

Marge said...

Your cards are all beautiful, Kathy. Love all the cards. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope to see your creations in the next Challenge too. Hugs.
Marge

pearshapedcrafting said...

Once again Cath you have created such beautiful cards! I love those Lavinia stamps and the different styles you have used. You used such beautifu colours in the first card! Of course I'm thrilled that you entered at at Try It On Tuesday with this fabulous Paris card! The final card is a lovely tribute to your dear friend and I'm so sorry to hear of her passing away! Big hugs, Chrisx