'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 5 May 2018

The challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge is Anything Goes, with optional ‘Use your Favourite Penny Black stamp’.

This one is easy for me…absolutely no hesitation!  This fuchsia stamp is my most loved and most used stamp and definitely my favourite Penny Black stamp, although I usually stamp it with markers for a great watercolour effect, especially on glossy card. It makes a very quick and easy card in CAS fashion or with inky backgrounds.

Here I’ve stencilled the Distress Oxide background with white acrylic paint and used another of my all time favourite stamps, a PSX word stamp, stamped over the background in toning inks..

FAVE STAMPS 2

On this one I’ve taken some colour off, using another word stamp with Versamark ink, misting with water before stamping. You can’t see it very clearly in the photo, but you can see it on the card.

vitality

This one was created just for fun and fits the current Country View Challenge of ‘Use Humour’.

It’s one of the old Designs Ink’d Humorous Seniors stamps – possibly the Red Hatters plate – they’re made with blue rubber, which always amused me.  The words were a gift  (a LONG time ago!) from a very precious friend in the US, who’s having a hard time at the moment.

I’d used a new roses stencil in the background, with the paler Distress Oxides (Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar)  but because it looked empty, I added the thin cuts of black card and the brads, just to break it up and add some contrast.

WOMAN TEABAG 2

This fits the challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks – Women Celebration and

Inspiration Destination’s Anything Goes challenge

and

Sweet Stamping’s Flowers Challenge

That’s all for now… I’m repotting tomatoes and sorting out my pots outside while the weather is good… happy days!

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend if you’re in the UK.

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

Two super inky PB creations Cath and the third is real fun.

Enjoy the sunshine.

B x

Joan said...

Great cards Cath and yes, the last one is from the Red Hatters plate , more stamps I'd forgotten I have, so many stamps, so little time . I do love the wording on the last one.


pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards Cath! Especially love the colours and the quote in the second one! We are sorting out the caravan garden- phew - we've stayed away too long this time! See you at HS - on count down now! Hugs,Chrisx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful multicolored art works, I love the frisky flowers.
Hugs Anja

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Cath, and the last one is great fun, perfect for our challenge at Country View Crafts. Have a great bank holiday weekend, Sue xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wonderful ink work and gorgeous card designs. Love your entries for our 'Flowers' challenge at Sweet Stampin. Gorgeous job! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Lotte Kristensen said...

Lovely work as usual, Cath - you really are the best stamper I know!! You always manage such brilliant backgrounds, both colour and texture, and you always pull it all together with an aptly chosen phrase ;) Your humourous card made me laugh - too true LOL! And I suppose I should also 'thank' you for my stamp addiction - or not??!! :D Take care, Charlotte xo

Neet said...

Like all three of your cards, especially the backgrounds, the first two bring back some happy memories of times shared but the third is new to me and oh so funny. I love the lady and the words are absolutely brilliant - so true of me in so many ways. I am always in hot water!
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

I specially like the first two dear Cath!
The humorous one is cool as well!
Happy new week- sorry for being so late with commenting this time- I were a bit busy!
Hugs, Susi

Paddington fan said...

I can see why this fuchsia stamp is a favourite Cath, it looks stunning against those fabulous inky backgrounds!! Thank you for joining us over at Penny Black Saturday Challenges this month, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you'll join us again soon,
Love Jacky x
PBSC DT