'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 29 May 2018

The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is She’s Got the Look! I’m Guest Designer for this one, so here’s my contribution…

THE LOOK 3C

The stamps are from Time to Stamp (now I Brake for Stamps) da Vinci plate, Paperartsy Ink and the Dog and the words background just peeping through is Non Sequitur – are they still around?   The stars are from Stampinback.

After masking the main image, I inked the background with Oxides, taking some off by misting water through a stencil and wiping with kitchen towel.

The words are computer generated.

I used lots of layers because I found it hard to find a background that worked with these colours (Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry), so I eventually went with the black, using white to pick up the contrast and pink to accentuate the colours.

I like layers.

Because this theme was well and truly in my head, I made a few different cards…

I stuck with the French theme for this one, masking the lady before stamping the French café scene (from a set sent to me by my friend in France) and going for dramatic with the black, white and red…

THE LOOK 2

On similar lines, I used the same elegant lady (probably the only elegant lady stamp I own!) with one of my favourite faces in the background.

TIOT THE LOOK

The graduated spots background is from Viva Las Vegas. The words are mainly stamped with a couple of computer generated words. The face is either VLV or Stampinback – sorry, I don’t remember.

This one is a simple black and white creation, aiming for a dramatic, stylish look.

THE LOOK BW

Main image Paperbag Studio, (Oops!) Innovative Stamp Creations, words background from Stampendous.

My last effort is in one of my favourite colour combinations…blue, turquoise and lilac (salty ocean, peacock feather and wilted violet).

The background is a Non Sequitur stamp, white embossed, and I cut the ‘icon of creation’ phrase from a smaller version of the same stamp.  Face from Stampinback.

THE LOOK 5

I’d like to link this to

Tuesday Throwdown – Make your own background

Simon Says Use More than One Stamp, Wed Challenge

and

The Artistic Stamper – Backgrounds

I look forward to seeing what you come up with on this theme over the next two weeks.

Thanks for having me, TIOT.

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

gd2018 (2) GD 2018

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful stamping and great ideas as inspiration

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

OMG these are all fantastic! I love them all! Specially your Guest designing card is BRILLIANT dear Cath! Great to have you with us at Try It On Tuesday this fortnight as a designer!
Happy week for you!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Congratulations on making GD at TioT a fabulous card amongst all the rest you have so generously shared with us all. I adore every one of them, Thank you so much for sharing your talents.
Creative wishes Tracey

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Cath! Now this is what I call treat! Your first card is wonderful - a really great combination of words and images plus a lovely background! Your other cards are every bit as lovely although I must say thoughts of France in the second one and the colours in the last one are my two particular favourites! SO good to have you as Guest Designer this time at TioT! Big hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning pieces! You have created so much wonderful inspiration and I love your Da Vinci beauty and the background you created with all those layers - amazing 😁. Such beautiful words too! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday with your beautiful creations and have a great week! J 😊 x

Mrs.B said...

A wonderful array of inspirational cards Cath and all of them so brilliant for this theme. Fabulous stamping and colours on each.
Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer at TioT.
Hugs, Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous projects, all of them. Great to have you with us this time round at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Wow Cath, your Guest DT inspiration piece for us at Try it on Tuesdays is fabulous and as I read your post and saw all the other awesome cards you created using the theme another... Wow. The stamping and backgrounds look wonderful.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Fabulous card for your DT piece Kath and the other cards are equally fab too. Lovely to have your as guest designer on TIOT

Joan

Neet said...

Fabulous Cath - well done you! I absolutely adore them but I have to say that the third one down has to be my favourite. I just love the colour you have achieved and the way you have sited the face in the midst of the dotted background is fabulous. I do love the elegant ladies from SU anyhow so this really appeals to me on so many fronts.
So very glad to see you back stamping - your work is a feast for the eyes.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

What alot of beautiful inspiring art works!
Hugs Anja

Marge said...

These are all so fabulous! Love your designs, Cath. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge

Marjut said...

fantastic projects!

Sarah said...

What a great set of cards! Great job with your backgrounds! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!