'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 13 May 2012

Arrived home to an empty house yesterday, so had a quick play with a couple of my very few purchases from Port Sunny.  I only bought one stamp and three small ones from Crafty Individuals, although I did get a freebie from Jean for being a blog follower – a lovely gesture and I got the stamp I prefer from the latest release, so I was chuffed.  Thank you, Jean and Malcolm :-)

All I bought apart from that was the two Dylusions sprays used below, plus the violet, 3 masks/stencils and two Promarkers, which were only £1.50 each.  I had already bought the Spring DIs, some seasonal reinkers and some new pencils earlier in the week, so I only went looking for stamps and didn’t find any I fancied, to be honest. Unfortunately, Stamp Camp had pulled out and Lost Coast didn’t come this time and they’re my usual ports of call. I suppose it was ok if you wanted acrylic stamps and T Holtz stuff.

I met up with a lot of people I haven’t seen for quite a long time (people I used to see quite a lot more of) and it was lovely.  It did, however, get me thinking about time, how transitory life can be and how it can often change so quickly, so I journalled.

I added a bit of colour to a few pages, stamped a few images then doodled and wrote for a while.

later than you think

Simple and just a bit of fun.  The left hand page is a Mask which I found yesterday and thought would be good to write in, so I was just trying it out – I know I can draw that myself but it did generate ideas. I also have a some pages ready to work on, which means I can doodle to my heart’s content while watching TV, lol – not that I do much of that these days.

This is my entry for Susi’s wonderful Art Journal Journey challenge, TIME.

Have a lovely Sunday!

xxx

28 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sandy said...

WOw Cath this is extraordinary.
Amazing colors. I love it. xoxo

Femmy said...

beautiful pages!!

sam21ski said...

Love the colours of your pages. Come on, share what you got yesterday, don't leave us all wondering!!!

Sam xxx

Helen said...

That sounds very restrained spending!! Love the journal page - the mask is gorgeous, not seen that one - I really like the idea and the way your words can now spiral out from the centre. Have a good day.

Sally H said...

This is amazing, Cath! I love those eyes! You were very restrained. I can really empathise with the thoughts and emotions behind this one x

Gery said...

You behaved very well yesterday, but still seem to be a little bit disappointed though??
Sorry fot you Lost coast wasn't there.
The 2 dylussionssprays fit so well to you and your two pages with them are stunning. What a colour!!!
Time can make you think about life, I agree.
Have a nice sunday
XGeryX

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful page Cath
I love the colors you used very much.

Greetings Janny

Brenda Brown said...

Super journalling pages Cath, love the colours and masks. Sounds like you had fun meeting up with people even if you didn't buy alot, that's half the fun catching up isn't it?
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} xox

JoZart Designs said...

Love your journalling pages, those Dylusion colours are perfect for you. I empathise with your thoughts as I only said Hello to you and intended to pop outside for the meet up and chat longer but I was so busy on the stand with some lovely people asking questions that time flew! C'est la vie!
lv Jo x

Inkypinkycraft said...

The page looks great, sorry you didnt get all you were looking for , maybe an Internet shop?!!!! Have a great day hugs trace x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Cath this is so brilliant. Love the colors and the composition very very much. Great work.
Lovely greet
Marja

Netty said...

Loving your journal pages Cath they are so vibrant. Perhaps you will have better luck at the next Craft Fair you go to. Annette x

Hermine said...

great spread!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great journaling Cath , love the colours and the text/journaling is fabulous. Was great to say HI yesterday. Tracy x

Chris said...

Love your pages, Cath. I can't wait to crack open the lime green. :o)

It was really good to see you yesterday. Glad you managed to squeeze some play time in when you got home.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your pages and the way you've journaled. What a drag to not find any new stamps you liked! Still, you're a trooper getting the sprays and breaking them in so quickly. Rude not to.

hazel said...

I love your journal pages, fabulous colours and I love the eyes.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

That´s so great! The colours, masks and doodles...klasse!
Today I have orderd the dylusions and some masks ;)
Have a nice week,
siljan

Ann B said...

Beautiful journal pages Cath, love those colours, and it was good to see you on Saturday, even if only for a short time. I went looking for Stamp Camp and was very disappointed that she wasn't there (was in the programme so must have been a late pull-out). I also bought some CI stamps and got a very generous free stamp for being a follower, bought the two new bird stamps (Lapwing and seagull) and can't wait to have a play.

Ann B
xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful pages, great colors.

Dotpat said...

Great pages Cath, lovely colours again

Anke said...

Beautiful pages Cath, wonderful colours.

Hugs
Anke

Claudia said...

Wow, gorgeous pages, love the colors.

Bianca Kalksma said...

wow, i love the colours and the combination of the left and right page, both very beautifel!!

froebelsternchen said...

an absolut fantastic page Cath! GREAT!
Thank you so much for taking part !

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great pages! Love the colours and style. The eyes stamped are just perfect - noticing time. Love it!

PiaRom said...

lovely page with such strong colors! My favorite stamps are the on on the bottom on the right side and the cute butterflies!

PiaRom said...

lovely page with such strong colors! My favorite stamps are the on on the bottom on the right side and the cute butterflies!