'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Yesterday I had a yearning to play with acrylic paints, so I played with acrylic resist. it’s a long time since I totally lost track of time, but I did yesterday – ooh, it was fun!

I had some thank yous to send, so here are a couple of tags, pre adding ribbons.

TAG2

I much prefer the above tag, with one pair of birds.  The second one is a bit too busy!

TAG1

And here’s a card. The background is a bit too strong on this one, so the foreground images don’t pop as they ought to – NOTE TO SELF – Remember next time!

AR 4D

More to come AND I’ve been journalling …. ;-)

xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful artwork Cath. Good to see you blogging, x

Paul B said...

oooh good to hear you've been journalling. Now that IS an activity where you can easily lose time. These are gorgeous tags & cards Cath. Glad you had fun making them. It's what it should be all about. Art is certainly my release valve. Craft soothes my more controlled nature, art is my wild, carefree side (even if I still prefer it clean lol). Can't wait to see more of your projects :) Thx for your very sweet comment on my blog a few moments ago. Means a lot coming from the crafter I have always looked up to and admired :) Pxxxx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

They are so beautiful Cath. Love it, also the colors

Janet N. said...

So happy to hear you got lost in your art. You don't get to do that nearly enough! Your tags are gorgeous...as usual! I'm going to have to research this technique. It looks very cool. You are such an inspiration!!

Janet N. said...

Oops...sorry if I posted twice...I didn't think the first one went through because I wasn't signed in. :D

hazel said...

Beautiful tags and cards Cath, I love the top one.
xxx Hazel.

WendyK said...

Gorgeous work Cath, love the colour combinations. I don't do pinks very often.

Karin said...

fabulous cards and the colors are gorgeous! Groetjes karin

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing colorful pieces, love specially the feary red tag in the middle.
Warm greetings,
Anja

Cazzy said...

All of your cards are gorgeous, I love book pages, must make more like this!

Cazzy x